How'd it go today?

Did taxes! Yay \o/... Or something like that anyway. I get worked up not wanting to do them, but then I do them and it's done. It's never as hard or tedious as I work it up to being in my head.

another thing I do on hot days is NEVER set a saw in the sun, as the sun moves so do the saws, always in the shade if im not cutting, helps a lot with starting
also dont fill the tanks past half, and crack the fuel cap and re close it prior to starting, for the most part that fixes my issues, standard carb, Mtronic and fuel injected

I fix her bike and she steals my dog.

Your dog is amazing. Dogs are (usually) the most amazing in general relative to most other species in my opinion. Even compared to humans. Life without dogs would be no life at all. I'd still choose my family over my dog, but I'd choose my dog over everyone else.

Milled a slab off the white pine. I couldn't decide between a full 2" or 1.5" for the board, so I split the difference at 1.75". Amazing what a sharp chain can do. Last time, I finished the oak slab and the chain needed to be sharpened. I didn't feel like dealing with it, and I thought "It's only a couple passes through pine, it'll be alright til I get that done". Yea, not so much. It was harder than it should have been. Boss had a dr appt, so I cut out before he came back and wanted to do something stupid. I mailed my taxes off, and I'll pare down the slab later when I go to mill the oak. I'll use the mill itself to cut the edge, and that'll let me know what kind of offset I need to get the full 8" on the column.

another thing I do on hot days is NEVER set a saw in the sun, as the sun moves so do the saws, always in the shade if im not cutting, helps a lot with starting
also dont fill the tanks past half, and crack the fuel cap and re close it prior to starting, for the most part that fixes my issues, standard carb, Mtronic and fuel injected
I keep mine, and the gas cans in the shade too.

Interesting note on cracking the gas cap before starting. It can cool the fuel somewhat as the pressure releases. I don't do it, though.

It’s early for me Jim but that ain’t no damn dog.
Re the pig pic, I know pigs like mud to roll in etc, just wondering if there can be "too much mud" for them, perhaps affecting their feet like can happento horses's hooves, afaik

They need mud to help regulate body temp.

Had a shitty day today. I loaned some money to someone who I thought was a friend across the country in my home state of Massachusetts and today, the day we agreed he would pay me back, he ghosted me. I'm not exactly a man of means, so that really put a dent in my proverbial portfolio. It was a substantial sum, relatively speaking. I feel betrayed and I feel foolish. I have always been an empath; someone who readily empathizes with others; sometimes to a fault. I wasn't expecting this. Oh well, it's no reflection on me. He needed help with his rent and I offered him that help. People just fu*king suck sometimes and, although I took a loss, I also know that I tried to be a good friend. In retrospect, my aid to him was impulsive. I have ADHD (passive type) and I'm notorious for jumping the gun and behaving without proper forethought. Screw it. Karma is a cold b*tch. It ain't easy being greasy and he'll get his comeuppance in due time.

In other news, I whipped the ends of four ropes tonight using polyester twine. I bought an assortment of bright colors so that I could make the ends of my ropes more visible. Also, since many of my termination knot tutorials on YouTube require me to show the ends of my various ropes, this adds yet another element of visual attraction to the videos by having pretty colors for the eye to follow as I make various maneuvers.

Tomorrow I will receive an order of 10 foot lengths of three different types of hitch cords. I can't wait to try them out; especially once my new rope wrench and tether arrive. Secondly, a friend of mine hand made a 30" spliced 10mm EpiCord for me. Yet another gorgeous eye to eye to add to my collection. I wish aramid fibers were water soluble so I could have a 24/7 IV drip! Just kidding................................I think! heh heh

Last edited:
Bummer Knot. The money still might showup. May just be late.

I saw another bird hit on the way into work this morning. Mockingbird. It looked pretty broken, but was still alive. I put it on top of the bank next to the road. Dunno if I did the right thing. Maybe should have just killed it. Ruined the morning. I wish those dumb things would learn to fly a little bit higher. They have virtually infinite choices with a 6' exclusion zone. Learn that shit...

Back