How'd it go today?

@lxskllr & @Treeaddict If the guy has been put on notice by an insurance company and hasn’t jumped, he’s probably looking the cheapest possible. Leaving the wood helps that.
The wife and I had a late night at a gathering of friends. Some time after 1 am is when we left. I was up at 6 and felt pretty good. She was not. I made breakfast per usual. Had burritos. While cooking I found a trailer tongue tool box on marketplace and inquired about it. Picked that up around noon. Moved wood to the garage and then the boy and I carved his pine wood derby car. It’s sanded and waiting on the paint shop (wife’s arts and crafts drawer) to open tomorrow after he gets out of school. Had a big salad for dinner. Think I might take a shower and go to bed early. It was a good day😎

I'll get the guy's number, probably this week. You're in charge of estimating. I have no idea what services cost.

edit:
Actually, first I'll find if he wants the wood gone. That would be a show stopper, right?
I can’t say it would be a show stopper. Maybe even do “take anything smaller than 6” and he keeps the larger fire wood rounds. I can get a trailer if need be. The best jobs are the cut and runs though.

Finishing out the maple went pretty well. Not too much derping around. Not smooth enough to impress Burnham, but it was good enough to impress the natives. The carnage...

View attachment 127884

@Treeaddict

The neighbor needs the maple removed. It isn't something I'd tackle by myself, but if you wanted to bid on it, and think it's doable, I'd help you out. I don't like it. It's a sprawling mess with a lot of dead, and a lot of targets. If he wants the wood gone(I don't know), That would be a full stop imo. There's a ton of wood there, and the job needs a chipper, a trailer, and a mini. Access isn't great, but doable if we had the above gear. I'm posting here so you can see the full res pics. SMS sucks. The disaster in question can be seen above, and here...

View attachment 127885View attachment 127886

Part of the tree broke out last year or the year before, and hit my guy's house. He's been put on notice by insurance that any future damage from that tree will be payed by his insurance.

I'm sure it was more than smooth enough to satisfy me, John. I'm not that hard to please, am I? :).

I know pictures lie...but it looks to me like it might just be possible to move that truck, the mower and yard trailer, a few other bits and bobs perhaps...and fell that neighbor tree intact. Maybe take off some limbs on the right side as seen in your pic first.

Maybe?

I'm sure it was more than smooth enough to satisfy me, John. I'm not that hard to please, am I? :).

I know pictures lie...but it looks to me like it might just be possible to move that truck, the mower and yard trailer, a few other bits and bobs perhaps...and fell that neighbor tree intact. Maybe take off some limbs on the right side as seen in your pic first.

Maybe?
That’s what I’m thinking by the photos as well but can’t distinguish properly lines or other obstacles from the pictures. Definitely wanna put eyes on it.

Any major news in the hood I need to catch up on?
Guess you read about Jed, right?

Guess you read about Jed, right?

Yup. Saw it on FB. :cry:

Well, apparently gender IS pliable?! My daughters male hamster just had 5-8 baby hamsters! Maybe he transitioned while adjusting to life at our home?

She was supposed to be a 3 week old male when she brought him home from Pet Smart last week.

It’s enjoyable to see the baby’s and I look forward to having my children observe the process. The down side is going to have to try to adopt them out and the headache that may turn into.

never thought to mention this here, off topic I guess

having a chat with Derek from down under (Awesomeclimber from around 2008 here), I didnt know he was a member, anyone know if he still is? all his posts I can see are old
I believe he mentioned he knew/knows @pete mctree
cool dude, never knew who he was till he turned up in my facebook comments last year

Derek was an active member, lots of contributions to content here, but yes, it was years ago. Was away for a long time, then came back and reregistered...and left again it would seem. Last seen late 2018.

Last edited:
Had an excellent day!

symptoms all seemed to be in background or tamed down most all day. It was great to just feel 1/2 decent.

Took it easy mostly...spent quite a bit of time outside in the sun with Dash, just watching him sniff around and enjoy the sun & being out.

Had me three little sessions on the fiddle. Playing is coming back around some; not up to snuff, but getting cleaner and more in tune again.

Manged to clean out another drawer & get trash to road for tomorrow.

had a friend who lives in Tennessee, from another forum I'm on, call and we visited for an hour. Never have met in person or talked on phone before, but have known each other over 10 years over the net and done a fair amount of remote recording projects together., had a really nice conversation.

As stated...not a big day, but a very good one comparatively for me.

It occured to me I might have hurt your feelings. You're the stand-in as the instructor, with an eye on all mistakes. I expect perfection from myself. No wasted movement, no hesitation. A plan is determined, and it's carried out efficiently. If perfection was Ireland, I'm about 300' off the coast of Maine in my canoe heading east :^D Oh well. One paddle stroke at a time...

Remember I have that dump trailer you can borrow (except this Saturday as I am cleaning out that garage/shop. Would take some time to come grab it, but nothing better than pushing a button to dump the debris.

I can’t say it would be a show stopper. Maybe even do “take anything smaller than 6” and he keeps the larger fire wood rounds. I can get a trailer if need be. The best jobs are the cut and runs though.

Derek was an active member, lots of contributions to content here, but yes, it was years ago. Was away for a long time, then came back and reregistered...and left again it would seen. Last seem late 2018.

he hasnt been active on facebook for 10 years really either, told me he is getting a hard drive with around 50K images repaired and will start posting again
internet where he lives is no good, I cant even send him a video, so id say thats part of the reason he isnt very active online

reading through some old posts of his, seems to be a legit tree guy
also, I heard something about a massive cut of coffee, referring to Derek being on Ekkka's website logo on a thread from way back, thats true to a T, I know its not him because there is no coffee!

Back