How'd it go today?

Got some more flowers today. More of the little crocus, but it's all wilted at this point. Big crocus...

IMG_20230320_144826613_HDR.jpg

These cute little daffodils( cut through the roots of my dawn redwood to plant them D^: )...

IMG_20230320_154603824_HDR.jpg

Also got my wesspur order two days early. Highlights are tenex tec and 120' rope end of drenaline. Thought I'd try atlas gloves in large. Girth is much better, but even shorter than xl of course. Looks like it's harborfreight gloves for me...

IMG_20230320_154952937_HDR.jpg

🔥🔥🔥🔥

He looks to be made of spring steel and whale bone

Sure it does…

He does it with a broken foot a million feet up in the air off planks and taut lines….

I put that rotator pic on my phone for when I’m feeling wimpy.. I look at that kinda shit and just keep going.
I have that signed poster custom framed and hanging on the wall above my desk. I look at it every single day to remind me that the most badass men on this planet are tree men. IMG_0525.JPG

IIRC his internet has always sucked.
View attachment 127913
Straya' internet I guess, not the first time ive heard about it, funny enough I thought he was from QLD, Hervey bay area, thought that was big city type stuff, but the pics he has shown me makes it look more like the middle of nowhere, hence the bad internet
I wonder if Elon's satellite stuff works out there yet?

Flipped the tractor yesterday. I jumped off in time and felt it happened in slow motion. My sidekick said it happened so quickly he could not say anything fast enough. The tractor laid on its side for an hour and we flipped it back up. Of course it won t start. Some say I have to burp the oil out of of the top of the cylinders by removing the glow plugs. Pictures of the drama to follow when the client's lawn is cleaned, 600lbs of ballast shovelled and all the broken pieces are accounted for.

Got to use my pruning spurs today :^D There were a couple willows on the farm with dead branches overhanging the drive. They were too gnarly to use ropes on, and they probably like getting spurred anyway. Get a new branch at every spur point :^D One branch I didn't get. There was no place to send it without hitting a fence. The top was so dead, it /may/ not have hurt much on the desired lay, but the boss didn't want to risk it. Didn't feel like fencing today. If the wood was top quality, there was a real tight lay that could have been done, but the leader has a lot of rot. Dunno if it's within anyone's skills, but it's out of mine aside from luck. Missed another branch that should have been removed. That'll be a good one for my new saw I'm gonna get.

I also used my steel Tacoma Fusion biner I got yesterday. It was free with my order. Nice biner, but it's an uplock. How does anyone use those things?! Under tension, it's manageable, but when it's slack, I need two hands to open it. I'm taking it home with me tonight to play with, and see if I can figure it out. RockExotica forever!

@lxskllr re: biner action. I have one Rock Exotica biner and it is always frustrating to open due to its “down” process. I’d agree the down is more natural to one hand. I’m so used to the other “up” way though that the “down” is cumbersome. 🤷‍♂️

Made the boss some good money today. Customer tipped us $40 each (Hopefully all the new 80,000 IRS agents won’t see this 😉).

Made my sons bearded dragon a half of a birch round with a hollow underneath to put in the enclosure.

Repacked and unknotted both throw line cubes. Need more 12oz bags that fit the APTA. Not all 12oz are shaped the same. I discovered that if I squeeze a knot from multiple sides with pliers, it will come undone readily. The knots that are set by tugging on the line with a 3” stick with body weight behind it.

I'll have to remember that trick. I guess it's similar to getting knots out of treemaster by whacking it with a hammer.
I never heard/thought of that. Next time my alpine butterfly sets too tight to remove (because I can’t remember how to tie a bowline on a bight) I’ll wack it a couple times.

Last edited:
Back