How'd it go today?

@cory It's not a work positioning thing, it's a fall arrest thing so it's gonna see a huge force, which will easily rip that shitty weld clean off. Bob is exactly right, you need a beam clamp like that. Rebar is usually made from crappy steel too that's actually not supposed to be welded, so that's not what i would tie off on.

Anyone here Instagram savvy? I'm trying to post old photos from my camera roll, and they won't show up in Instagram. I even edited the dates so they are at the top of the camera roll, and they still don't show up. Friggin infuriating.

I've got line clearance guys in my yard this morning. Some dude climbed up my maple awhile ago, but I haven't seen much wood come down. Not sure what he's up to. I don't remember anything that couldn't have been gotten with a polesaw. Speaking of which, one of the other guys has a pruner, and it looks like it's at least 25' of stick up. Looks like a PITA. I'd love to go out and watch, but who the hell wants an audience when they're working?

It was another beautiful day. 41*F when I left this morning and topped out around 60 I think. Job went smooth and I had time to do a more in depth inspection on the crane. More or less I cleaned saw dust out of the places that are hard to get to. Got the paperwork for a 3 day prevailing wage project and it looks pretty gravy. Not sure if I can make it last 3 days😎. Stopped at Endor’s after work and BS’d with the owners. Got the latest gossip on the local competitors and such. Also got handed a product to demo. It’s a scrench built into a pull cord handle. Scott told me someone dropped a bunch off to pass around and get feed back on. Not the most thought out concept in my mind but I’ll test it. Now I’m sitting in peace by a fire. Family all just went in so I’m relaxing and thinking of how to make a not so rigid plate for between an engine and hydraulic pump. I’m thinking a piece of harder rubber maybe. Or I might just drill some holes in a couple of 4” cut off wheels for my first attempt.
image.jpg

Pulled 3 trees over backward into the woods, moved some fallen logs out of the woods to a firewood log pile. Ez way to finish the week.
Drove to pick up D for the weekend.
Pizza and movie Friday night!

SOLD! $192k...

Screenshot_2022-09-23_18-20-33.png

I'm sure no one cares, but I find it fascinating. It's not often you get to find out what a kind of rough lighthouse is worth. What do think? Maybe another $100k for a nice, but imperfect restoration? $300k all in. That would get you a lot of land in the mountains with a nice cabin. I think I'd have to have the kind of money where this purchase was > 2 in fun land acquisitions.

I had $50k in mind, and it's hard to tell exactly what you'll spend til it's time to put money on the table, but I think $75k would have been my absolute cap. That would allow another $25k for repairs, with me doing the work, so $100k all in. Of course, I'd also need a skipjack to access my new lighthouse. I wonder what they sell for? There's only about 20 left going by a quick search. I bet they're expensive in seaworthy condition :^D

Back