How'd it go today?

A hot one yesterday, syringes by asphalt. Pretty comfy with you know what plus a breeze, plus it was mostly rental Genie lift work and miniloader work.

Took a break in the shade for a long and important phone call from 230-430.

Cool today, with a heat wave coming.

Staged brush and logs into miniloader- feedable piles when I bring my chip truck and chipper.

Prevailing Wage job to remove 6 maple and grind stumps. 2 in concrete rings. What were the landscape architects thinking? Maybe much sooner removal and replacement?
16585021720037218903257163523386.jpg 16585021863529139491093262967116.jpg 16585023912011225093004186787264.jpg

Went over Rob’s (friend and groundie) to take eastern cottonwood limbs out of his black cherry. Water bottle at base in first picture for scale. Cut out the damaged cherry as well. Left as much as possible to see how it grows. 2 hr job (5:30-7:30) Drank 64 oz of water even working that late in the evening and in the shade. It’s been HOT!

Got a good laugh: Did a removal job for a couple. Tried to get another removal a few houses away. The potential client insisted they have a reputable, professional, highly rated company do the work. Ok. They had the company they chose do the removal. The next day they called the custy we worked for and said how bad of a job they received.Yard is trashed. Our custy said “ Mike and Rob did such a great job! Can’t even tell we just had a tree removed!” It made me laugh and feel really good as well. Not trying to brag - promise. Always encouraging to hear a pleased customer.

It’s all about cleanup. I don’t care what particular service industry it is. Of all the reviews we get at the plumbing company, they nearly always mention “he fully explained what he was going to do and he cleaned up” Custy doesn’t know the Z133 and if your following it. They don’t know what a flush cut is. They generally have no idea if you are performing the job safely or correctly. But, they do know what a mess looks like. Hopefully that didn’t come across too soap boxy😉.

Attachments

• D581EFBD-44B1-4B89-B041-6236D255A62E.jpeg
    D581EFBD-44B1-4B89-B041-6236D255A62E.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 6
  • A51C5E20-FDB8-455B-ABB1-D7566D6A2428.jpeg
    A51C5E20-FDB8-455B-ABB1-D7566D6A2428.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 6
What happened to the original basket?

The plastic floor, which was already replaced once, had multiple cracks to the point where it was becoming unsafe. And the metal cage was rusting out in several places. Cheap plastic and cheap metal, likely from China.

Oak Fire started today. Tad close to home. Literally right over the hill from us. But moving away. So far. Just have to watch the winds close.
I was at lower elevation when I snapped the first pic. I doubt that was 2 hours in. Then headed up the hill home. Then back to town to fill up fuel in case.View attachment 122255View attachment 122256
Sorry for you, Stephen. Brings back unpleasant memories. Best of luck.

We tried to move some live stock for some folks, one horse had an injury so the owner is called the vet for morning. We were watching it move right along from his back yard. It's over 5000 acres now in a matter of hours. Losing homes. Throwing itself out to spot for a mile. A beast.
This was taken from the hill above our house. Sorry about the quality. We could hear trees exploding.
20220722_210721.jpg

Damn, CV.. Hoping the best for you

Any idea how it started?

Now mapped at 9100 acre and growing fast. Two major plumes and we are on warning.
Went up the street and gathered the two horses on a custys property. Guess they got the grass down just in time. I think Lilly is as happy to have them home as the horses are.
People I know have lost homes. very dangerous fire behavior. 20220723_120834.jpg

We'll be sheltering in place and defending. If the FF pull out, so will we. We have a fire hydrant on our corner hooked to 1000000 gallon tank at a flat spot they can turn full rigs around and park. So we should have some camping out down there as usual once it gets closer. I doubt its much more than 3-4 miles away current. Winds more or less in our favour currently. Might change tonight. This fire never slowed down last night. Usually they will when the winds die down and temp drops. Making it's own weather. Three major plumes now.

Back