How'd it go today?

The Ford service center finally looked at my chip truck yesterday. Diagnosis: A/C compressor seized up, two oil leaks, and something with an air bag code. Estimated cost to repair: $7,800. I asked if that comes with a free lube job. I believe they design these things to last just a bit longer than the warranty.

Yesterday was a real treat. Began the day having to yell at my chip dump, as the older guy at the desk (who's a bit scatterbrained), used my credit card on file to pay for someone else's load (saw it as I was checking my online list of transactions for something else I had a question on). Five calls back and forth b4 the bookkeeper found the bogus transaction, and promised an immediate refund (which of course, still hasn't happened). Started a job for a custy w/a ton of dead trees throughought a 5+ acre property. Climbed, rigged and fell 4 80+ ft. dead Ash and an obnoxious 40 ft. cherry going over the house/intertwined in 2 other trees. Loved the 90+ degree heat and Jersey humidity getting those down. Also sweated/ripped off my last infusion set for my insulin pump (as recent change in insurance had me scrambling for new suppliers, who are all treating me like they've never dealt with diabetic supplies before), so I'm back to drug addict mode w/needles for basal/base rates and meals until I hopefully get new ones tonight. Getting the trailer back today, and lots of other maintenance fun to keep me busy. Livin' the dream!....

You prefer a pump doing this kind of work Brian? Seems like it would get in the way squeezing through branches and stuff.

The pump has it's upsides & downsides. The pump stays in my pocket and isn't much of a problem when I climb. The infusion sets, however, don't have an adhesive that's sweat/rub-proof (they are good at water, as I swim all the time with them) which is my problem (hairy, part-Italian that I am). There's only 3 places to put them, abdomen, thighs and butt. Amazingly, the butt one rarely has a problem, it's usually the lower abdomen/thigh, where my saddle seems to rub most. Additionally, I have no desire to go back to injections 4-6x a day, as the insulin types my endos keep pushing me on don't really support the odder than normal lifestyle choices I've made. Hoping to get out of this area sooner rather than later so I can find better medical professionals to assist with my pancreatic curse.

The fan in my fridge died this winter. Freezer worked, fridge, not so much. Tried a $17 Amazon fan motor that was supposed to be correct, but it barely moved any air. Looked up an appliance shop that said they offered parts for the do it yourselfer. Had to drive 40 minutes, but they had a correct motor. Young guy was trying to look up numbers, old guy gets out of his recliner, "gimme that!" Goes in the back, comes out in a minute. "It's a GE part number, but it's the same as an Amana". $53.02 later and I'm in business. :D

Been putting in some pretty good days lately. Woke this morning with absolutely no energy or motivation. Did what i had to in 3 hours & called it a day. Came home & slept for 5hrs.
Dog's first day off of pain meds from his operation, so we matched well on our day plan. Did nothing very well.
Not feeling rested yet, but supposed to cool off some tonight & hoping that helps.

Job we went to got down sized and HO forgot what day it was. So I climbed her liquid amber and cut dead out of it. Rob cut the climbing rose out of it. Skinny little thing but the dead top was at 40 plus feet. Dont lean back too far and where is that wind coming from. Then prune bushes agaist the house and left all cleaned up in under 2 hours. Discounted the price and got a 10.00 tip :|:
Ahh the joys.

We are having a Covid concern.

Father of Dahlia's friend came up positive this morning and headachy, negative last night.

Dahlia played there yesterday morning, close contact. Been bubbling.
Dahlia and my gf's girl are right up in each other's biz.

Very minimal contact, and at the same time, my GF is due to fly out on Sunday for a 2 week music training course. Year 3 of 3. Lots and lots infested in it. Stress.

90s here. Turned my ac on for the first time yesterday. It was 81° in the house when I got home from work.

Otherwise, it's the routine dumb shit I usually do at work. A bit less than half a day of work spread out all day. Boss doesn't like working in the heat or cold, so we don't work much. I'm not really complaining, but after >3 decades of going out in anything, when it was me going out, it's a little irritating. Fucker... :^D

Was brutal here as well; mid 90's and 80+% humidity in the armpit of America. Back to the dead Ash trees; took down a 80 ft., twin stem and a 100 ft. monster. Lots of up and down and rigging involved. Junior obliged in getting a pic of me up in the twin stem (I was about 60 ft. up in this one):

watt_ash_2.jpg

Back