How'd it go today?

Knife got away from me, and I got 8 stitches...

IMG_20220501_114158391_HDR.jpg

It's Pat's fault :^P

Otherwise, I went to Wegmans to get my month's supply of coffee, and some other stuf. Also got sushi for breakfast. My favorite day of the month is breakfast sushi day :^)

It is my fault. I wondered if there were any larva in the galleries under the bark of the pieces John took home, and asked him to peel one of them !!!

I just heard back from a friend, Dr. Douglas Tallamy - entomologist, who said, “Looks like an exit hole for a cerambycid beetle.”

The longhorn beetles (Cerambycidae), also known as long-horned or longicorns, are a large family of beetles, with over 35,000 species described.[2]

Well, that narrows it down :^P

Perusing the article, I've seen some of those beetles before. Would there be any particular action taken? Is an infestation unusual at all?

edit:
Holy shit! This guy I've seen before, and it has a lifespan of 10-40yr. That's incredible(I think) for an insect :^O

Last edited:
My daughter called me the other day to tell me her car was making an awful knocking noise on startup. It's a 2008 Toyota Prius, so I Googled possible causes and found it could be something as simple as a stuck EGR valve to a bent piston rod or a blown engine. I didn't have time to go look at it, so I had it towed to the local dealership for diagnosis. It turned out to be something I never would have suspected. The catalytic converter was missing; cut off and stolen while parked near the front office at her gated apartment complex. I hate thieves even more than I hate palms. And I really hate palms. :angryfire:

That's surprisingly common in some areas, but not around here afaik. It isn't something I'd have thought of either.

Ground clearance had me wondering about the prius. Maybe semi pros that jack up the car, and cut it off?

View attachment 120339

Daniel driving to Grandmas.
Love kids learning to drive. Country livin. I had to learn in quiet parking lots and family farms.
Levi backed his truck into my one tonne today. I had to pull the fender and bumber back out with a chain and his mothers truck so I can work out of it Monday. He gets to learn body panel replacement next

Last edited:
That sucks man, but i guess better your stuff than someone else's? I still remember one of my sisters calling me up when they somehow hit the garage door with the quarter panel, no idea why they were under the impression that i could just walk up and poof everything would be cool again :lol:

Thats what I told him. Son, I am not angry with you, mostly mad about the situation. Please slow down and be more aware. (did not get the truck all the way into park rushing and low and behold, reverse when he stepped out. He was lacking sleep and in a rush with his mom to move horses.). Also said, at least it was my truck and not someone in our driveway. then you would have been really screwed. So I have the 1980 with all the same bumper and panels we need. Simple enough. He wanted the brush guard anyway.

Had a good day. Did four separate crane removals and still got back around 4:30. On my way home and got a call to head to our mulch yard. DA1B3EEB-52B6-4458-B75F-9D6402C7697D.jpeg
Guy was ok somehow. I got it back right side up and it’ll sit till the mech can work his magic. Now I’m at softball practice. Not to happy with it. I count 7 kids. Half of them were pulled from out of district. The other team has 14 kids. Kind of some bullshit going on.

Edit. The mulch yard pisses me off. No reason it’s a disaster like it is

Full turtle!!! That sucks man, glad he was ok.

Had to go to stl for a checkup, and i managed to get a quick pic of a couple luffing booms working on the hospital, sorry they were directly in line. I was sitting at a light and noticed them, i haven't seen too many before. There's tower cranes left and right, but the luffing booms just weren't used around here much yet. Then as i was coming over the bridge to home i noticed even we got one set up in town :lol:

20220502_090936~2.jpg

Back