How'd it go today?

Oh.
We don't do that till March 27.
And I love it.
The one good thing about living way up here are the loooong days.
With DST they get even longer.

Well I done broke the spider lift. It was acting goofy and wouldn’t find “home”. Got it down but it wouldn’t home itself to pick up the out riggers so I went to the override. Hit the button to finish the last bit of retraction and the machine shut off with no intentions of restarting. Lots of plastic pieces at the knuckle. I’m guessing the track that the hoses and wires popped apart and when I over rode the system I pinched or cut a wire somehow. I’ll read the book tonight and figure out how to bypass that so I can get it out of the yard. I’m sure the rental company is gonna love that call Monday morning. Dumb machines😆

Well I done broke the spider lift. It was acting goofy and wouldn’t find “home”. Got it down but it wouldn’t home itself to pick up the out riggers so I went to the override. Hit the button to finish the last bit of retraction and the machine shut off with no intentions of restarting. Lots of plastic pieces at the knuckle. I’m guessing the track that the hoses and wires popped apart and when I over rode the system I pinched or cut a wire somehow. I’ll read the book tonight and figure out how to bypass that so I can get it out of the yard. I’m sure the rental company is gonna love that call Monday morning. Dumb machines😆
What model? I have read of a similar issue and it came down to a bad sensor. That was on an 83hd.

Organization is usually my downfall. Stuff may take a little digging to get, but I know about where it is. After organizing? Who knows?!

I was just thinking about how I need to organize the shop/garage and then I read this thread. Ed, good luck! John, I know what you mean about finding stuff. Things are disorganized but I know what I have and where it is reposing. A mess it stays!

I dig that picture.

Did you actually split in da snow?

Just enough to get me to tomorrow afternoon. I've got a ton of locust, cherry, and hard maple slabs at the mill. Covered in 6" of snow. It won't take much to get through the ten days after tomorrow.

What model? I have read of a similar issue and it came down to a bad sensor. That was on an 83hd.
72hd.2019 I’m going to read the manual and parts books tonight and tomorrow to try and diagnose the issue. At least maybe I can figure how to bypass whatever I broke to get it loaded. I’ll make sure to talk to Wellbuilt before I mess with it. See how they handle it. Might influence our decision to buy or not.

There's a stack of bumpers here(rustproof)...

img_20201120_100412-jpg.105233

Today's accomplishment was replacing the trailer hitch. I just lost confidence in the old one for pulling my boat trailers.
View attachment 118978View attachment 118979 Milwaukee for the win.
I’m constantly impressed with electric impact guns. I really need some new batteries for my little 14V dewalt, or maybe get some more overtime for the sole purpose of buying a new set. Cordless reciprocating and small circular saw would be handy a couple times a year.

Bedtime. Got out of work at 7pm, got a midsize maple in the morning with Frankie, then got two jobs to look at for friends on the other side of the city, then back to the plant tomorrow 7pm to 7am. Hopefully I can get a nap in tomorrow afternoon.

Finishing the bottle off as we speak(write?). Just pisses me off cause first thing, I don't need a dumb aluminum advertising strap, and secondly, I didn't properly control my knife. Now I have to live with it for a couple weeks. On the scale of problems, this is pretty low(barring some kind of weird blood infection :^O ); it's just the stupidity of it all...

I’ve been looking for a new utility trailer for a while now and picked one out at a dealers website that I liked. My brother in law just picked up an equipment trailer from them and had a good experience so my mind was set. Checked their website and it’s sold🤬. Guess I’ll be calling them tomorrow to find out when a new one will be in stock. There is another I was eyeballing but I know they are built to order. Last trailer I ordered from them was 15 years ago and still took 8 months. That’s what I get for waiting this long.

Back