How'd it go today?

Saw a post yesterday from a guy who's company was called Tree Wise Men. I asked if he used to hang out here on the Treehouse about 10 years ago. Last night Derek Jeter responded from Australia. His screen name was Awsomeclimber. He had lost the link to the forum (He was using the www.gypoclimber.com address) and I sent him this way. Hopefully he rejoins us.
There is a company in Tasmania with the same name, owners name is Paul though...

Had a lot of rain last night and this morning. Tapered off early afternoon and gone now. We did a late start to avoid the heavy stuff but still ended up wet. I was able to stop at the local provision and get 4 briskets. They were on sale and I was out of them. Might put one in the smoker this weekend. One goes to my brother and the other two the freezer. At work between me and the office manager we were able to find a spider lift to rent for a month. I’m leaving about two AM Wednesday morning to drive to somewhere near Chicago to pick it up. Two of our truck drivers wanted a hotel to make that run. Load doesn’t fall under motor freight laws so I’ll turn and burn and be home by dinner.
If for whatever reason the weather turns to shit, Chicago is just shy of two hours away and you need a spot to hold up hit me up.

Today I looked up Audubon Center on Facebook. They had a baby Great Horned owl ready to go back to it's nest.

I actually got a bit emotional about not being able to do that any more. About 30 minutes ago I texted a buddy who bought a bucket truck last year and asked him about volunteering. He said he was good with it, so I set him up with the girl from Audubon. I even volunteered to train him. I may have even promised a free day with my loader, but let's not talk about that. Hopefully he can take my place helping a great organization giving back just a little bit.

Tired as hell today. I was falling asleep driving back to the office for lunch. I was asleep before 7 tonight, and just woke up. Put an eye in my treemaster skidding rope. I cut some off for a new prusik, and was just gonna leave the end straight, but figured the practice would be good. I screwed it up. I got off track at the start, and the tucks are wrong. If it ever gets used, I guess I'll get to see how strong it is. It's pretty much just for dragging logs, so no consequences for failure. Rope's too beat to use for anything critical. I almost always just prusik it off. It was a few dozen logs ago since I used an eye in the end.

I almost pulled it out and redid it when I saw it was off, but that just makes things harder to do again. It'll likely never even be used. If it was for something important, I'd have remade it.

One of customers tree. 17th largest in the state. I love going there to see it. They showed me the paperwork today. It is hanging in there but could use a little TLC.

Attachments

• D0D85D66-D237-40FC-BFFB-A83BF0646F94.jpeg
    D0D85D66-D237-40FC-BFFB-A83BF0646F94.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • C27E9EDB-B640-45C0-9A36-AE3EBF53AE8C.jpeg
    C27E9EDB-B640-45C0-9A36-AE3EBF53AE8C.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 12
  • DEFBDC7D-32C9-45DA-8703-A96A967FC755.jpeg
    DEFBDC7D-32C9-45DA-8703-A96A967FC755.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 13
  • 6E7BA18A-E40D-4D6A-8E3C-EA75AEFCFFAE.jpeg
    6E7BA18A-E40D-4D6A-8E3C-EA75AEFCFFAE.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 14
Glad mom got her procedure done. Heartburn? That sounds extraordinarily lazy. That's the kind of diagnosis you give for your friend's chainsaw; "Yea, it's the fuel filter... or whatever... You'll figure it out..."

Back