How'd it go today?

Yes John white or black shirt, black pants is fine if you are not a suit guy. If others are wearing suits then a dark gray or black shirt to blend in better, or if blending is not your thing, stick with the white, be yourself.
Sorry for your loss.

One bit of good news. Spot showed up for breakfast this morning. I thought I was gonna have to go bail her out of jail this weekend. One of yesterday's captures vaguely matched her description, but they seem lazily written, and a quick picture to post with it is apparently an egregious burden. One less thing to get wound up about :^)

I'm kinda torn. That's perfectly reasonable, and generally how I live my life, but... Ya got the social pull, and my general "Go frig yourself" attitude seems inappropriate. Maybe my woodland camo BDUs my mother liked, my brown Treehouse longsleeve shirt, and my Stihl hat :^D

Gifts from my mother were about the only time I got new clothes. I could count the times in ten years I bought new clothes for myself on two hands, and that includes stuff like work gloves, and other technical wear required for activities.

Good idea. I was gonna stop by MensWearhouse after flowers, but I'll go to the thrift shop instead. I'm not expecting to find anything in my size, but sometimes you get lucky :^)

Ordered flowers, and struck out at the thrift shop. Decided to screw black. I'm gonna wear casual earth tone pants and a wool sweater. Found some khakis in the closet that were a gift from my mother, tags still on. Too small of course. One of my irritations with her was she knew what sizes I wore better than I do... I also found a pair of brown pants I bought myself from the thrift shop. Docker type, but made by Eddie Bauer. I'll try them on and see what I think. If I don't like them, I'll go out and get something similar.

18*F and sun shining. Deceiving though. The wind is whipping and we’re on a fence line surrounded by open fields. I feel as cold as I’ve been all year and that includes the negative temp days. I’ve also been sharpening saws most of the day. That and pulling trucks out from the snow and ice. I might call it early so I can make it to the saw shop. Need to drop off two saws and pick up some parts. Also I need to talk to them about getting some saw pants in. Stihl was supposed to have some new ones coming out this spring that I’d like to try.

Routine day. Just some boundary work. It was a little chilly, but not too bad; 20s. My back's on the verge of going out. Trying to be very careful how I move. I'm hoping I can avoid a major incident.

This afternoon, I went back to finish a previous job from one month ago. It was a poplar which I sent in the pond, due to the very tight landing zone on the bank and the fence of the angry neighbour. Absolutly no dammage allowed, so in the water was the best solution. But dragging the whole tree across the pond toward a working-friendly bank was exhausting. My 3500lbs pulling systen was at its absolute limite. I run out of time (and energy) this day in january, with only the 20' trunk bucked and removed, the whole crown still in the water.
So today, I brought my big cable comealong, about 7000lbs, and a guy to play with it. That helps , LOL.
But still, not an easy task. Time consumming too. One month in the water covered the bark with a slipery mess and turned all the mistletoe invading the crown in some sort of rotten salad. What a smell !!!
Well, it's done, the customer is very happy, the chainsaws and the gear look like pulled out of the trash can, me and the guy too !

After resisting for years, I finally signed up on facebook in December. A buddy convinced me it was a great way to make local contacts and generate work for my loader service. I've made a few local contacts but still not a single job yet. A few days ago I got a friend invite and didn't recognize the name. I messaged him and he sayd we worked together at Davey 20+ years ago. He was on another crew and started a few months before I left. He was just a skinny, awkward kid at the time but come to find out he's been a top 5 climber in the state competitions for the last 5 years. He stuck with Davey until 2017. I just had a 20 minute phone call with him and it was good to catch up. Hopefully we get a chance to work together soon.

Guard your FB page with every 'opt out' you can, it's a sucking hole of time wasting and narcissistic enablement....with the odd amazing connections you mentioned, I've had a few of those and it's brilliant for that, which is what got me in. 90% of the rest is pure garbage, data mining hackery.

Back