How'd it go today?

I hate it when people don't acknowledge a text. My boss thanked me yesterday for responding to his message since nobody else would, but he often doesn't respond to mine, or hardly communicate at all, but expects everyone else to communicate well. Too many stressors in the world to worry about little things like that, so I try not to let it bother me.

Spent another 1.5hr looking for my sappie, and it appears to have left the planet. Just ordered another one. Thought I lost my Swiss army knife too. Got home today and decided to untether my oak. Went to get my knife to work a knot loose, and it wasn't there. Ended up being in a different pair of pants. Not quite sure how that happened. That's one of my essential bits of kit, but whatever. The weekend wasn't quite as expensive as it looked for a bit.

Reactions: Raj
One of my 088s started to run lean. I couldn't get it to idle, even after quick carb job. It would run on high idle but bog down on idle and never throttle up. Pressure and vac test, no leaks. So I dug deeper into the carb, a little too deep and bitched up the jet. Found a used Canadian carb in BC on Ebay, got it today, rebuilt it and the saw runs. Going to test it out milling tomorrow. I understand a bit more of the Tillotson carb now.......

Now to find a jet, or at least the drawings, I think I can turn one in the lathe.

How's this for a random husband wife interaction: So I am sitting here in my recliner and my wife walks up to my feet and flicks my toenail. Mumbling something under her breath and walks off only to come back with a toenail clipper. I informed her that the nails need to be soaked first or the nail crack. She starts by grabbing hold of my left foot clipper in hand hell bent to cut my climbing spurs. So I take my right foot and drive my big toenail into her shin, firmly but not hard. I say "don't do it or I'll cut you" in a slight Tony Montana accent. We both laugh and my spurs are still intact until after my shower.
Thank you for reading.
Ground some stumps, sold some work, cleaned up the shop yard tightening up for winter moved some random shit for my mom. That's about it.

Last edited:
Rebuilt used carb worked. 30-24" wide oak 9' long. No idea what I missed on the original carb, other than I took the H L screws out, blew some.carb cleaner in the holes and oiled the O rings. Now to figure out if I suck at sharpening or the oak is really hard. Kind of weird running around with two 088s and a 660.

20211109_094807.jpg 20211109_120640.jpg 20211109_105853.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty good finish there. When I did oak, I had to sharpen at about two of your passes. I was milling 22', and it got noticeably dull at 16'-18'. I never recorded the time.

Pretty good finish there. When I did oak, I had to sharpen at about two of your passes. I was milling 22', and it got noticeably dull at 16'-18'. I never recorded the time.

How many tank of gas?!?! I'd think 4 or 5.

I switched back to regular cross cut chain, seems faster. I'm planning on regrinding my milling chain to 25°.

I was doing ~30"x22', and I think I was using 2 tanks per pass in my 661, but I wouldn't put a lot of money on it. That was awhile ago, and my memory of it isn't great. I don't do a lot of milling, so I don't have a real keen grip of the particulars. I use rm2 chain(triple hump) filed to ~10°.

Planted sweet corn, dug up another bucket of weeds out of the lawn.
I bought some selective herbicide, last year. Just can't get around to actually using it.

Back