How'd it go today?

How are the dogs doing Jim?

Very well thanks.

We had to separate the two white pups. They were running.

I gave one to a friend that just bought sheep too.

Otherwise, the three we have now are doing very well. They are friendly too.

Some producers suggested that we make them mean......we did not do that.

How is Otis these days? Sorry we haven't made the dog treats for him yet.

Already quite a morning.
Went in for an early morning echocardiogram; short of breath just walking up the stairs to the third floor office.

Got home and received a text from a nurse friend in Michigan. He said that the woman renting our parents original house on the lake there died yesterday.
She was not old!
Trying to find out more now; but he can't call until he gets a break from patient care.

Take it easy Pat until they find out what's going on. Fortunately I've noticed results from an echo don't usually take very long!

When they were babies I stayed home with them for three months during their first three winters. I can assure you the boredom is epic. I found myself saying things like, I haven't left the house in two weeks what's it like outside? But most know what's that's like now with covid lock downs and all.

When they were babies I stayed home with them for three months during their first three winters. I can assure you the boredom is epic. I found myself saying things like, I haven't left the house in two weeks what's it like outside? But most know what's that's like now with covid lock downs and all.
And talking to yourself! Lol

Spent some quality time with the maasdam today staging logs to haul out of the woods. Fantastic tool! That's the sling Jonny gave me...

20210503_122850.jpg

Lotta work...

20210503_133657.jpg

I was looking up the maasdam over the weekend, just to see what they cost now. They sell repair kits for them for ~$5 less than the purchase price. You get ~70% of a complete unit, and have to put it together. Who buys these sets?! I'd be shocked if they sold one ever.

I have a very intermittent (every 2-3 years) recurring dream that the pristine opposite shore of the lake I go to in ME gets nuked by clear cutting:O
Something like this? A friend of my mother's used to live back here in Ridley Creek state park. They wrecked the place and just pulled out. Mon's friend said they are going to nuke the place with roundup. WTF?

@pigwot
Hey, Pat. Missed your post on this thread. Hope whatever is ailing you gets better quick. As I just suffered thru WuFlu, and had energy/O2 issues, I'd suggest having your O2 levels checked.

Hot as shit today. I was in the city for awhile, and it was 87° there. They have an interesting crane on site. Might be common, but I don't typically do vertical structures in tight areas. It sat on legs like a spider lift, and the operator was ~25% of the way up the tower on a little platform. I think it might be electric? Looked like concrete weights in the back...

20210504_131352.jpg

The building next door is still moving, but we didn't locate it today. I guess everyone is happy with how things stand? I'll have to ask the boss what the status is. Nobody is inside the building.

edit:
Oh, and I cut up some of the wood I hauled out of the woods and took it to the burn pile. Nasty stuff. Lots of dirt, Boring in for the cut seemed to work a little better for keeping the chain sharp, but I'll have to spend more time with it. Left two logs up there. They were in better shape, and heavy as shit, so I didn't want to fool with them. Have to think if there's anything I can do with them, before I make them small. Might be useful for something. White pine isn't very interesting though. Smells nice.

Last edited:
Back