How'd it go today?

There is some erosion where they cut the bank for the retaining wall. (Previous owners)
I thought it pretty healthy. Been there a long time. The Insurance companies are killing trees right and left in CA. One of their neighbors had to remove every tree within 100 feet of the home to keep insurance. You have to have deep pockets to fight them. If you get canceled, no one will write your policy except the state. California Fair Plan. Hardly fair, costs more but just less than a mortgage company would charge. Not good coverage. Just appeases the loan holders. Be cause of fire dont ya know. Feeding the state trough. So lets call it what it is. Fire tax. Flood tax. Its crap.
Insurace companies are supposed to only request what CDF (CAL Fire) demands. But, try making them comply.
So now no more trees leaning at my parents roof. But, one inspector gets a wild hair, ill have to take more down.
Just raised crowns on a church complex recent. Huge job for a small crew. The other crew actually brushed out across property lines with permission.
Insurance company notified the church to comply within 30 days of inspection and sent them a notice of cancelation not 10 days later stating the church did not comply. Good thing the elders were on top of it and one is a lawyer.

That's my house. The hospital food was... well, it was hospital food.
Rich, next time you frig up and end up in the hospital, say you are a vegetarian.
There are so effing few of those in Norway, that the food is cooked for the individual instead of in a kitchen set up to feed trench soldiers in WW1.

Got the tip from a friend who worked in a hospital kitchen.
Not that I really needed it, being a vegetarian for real.

How is it going?
Both with the physical and mental healing.

@stig

Haha, i almost pulled that line... after three days of eating bread, cheese and ham. Basically I eat minimum bread, don't eat cheese usually and don't eat that much ham. It dawned on me I should have said i was a Muslim vegan.

Pretty difficult to pull that off after 3 days of eating ham already though.

As for the hand, minimum pain tbh. I have been doing the exercises every hour I'm awake. Bit of blood, so i reckon ill change the dressings today but it's not that painful. I've had silky cuts that were more painful if I'm honest. But then again, I have had a fair bit of pain relief over the last 5 days. Oxycontin, Oxynom, paracetamol and tramadol in the hospital. Now i have paracetamol at home and tramadol. Not been taking the tramadol at night though and have been sleeping fine. Just a little vape before sleep and that's been doing the trick. I will be stopping the tramadol soon as well. Ill manage the pain with my own methods.

As for the mind, no point in dwelling on shit i can't change. I've got a lot going on at the moment, my dad is seriously ill (stage 4 C of the liver and Bladder) and i can't get back to the uk. The house build is moving forward. Ive just gotta focus my attention on the things that i can make an impact on, such as the rehab.

Sorted out a few bits and pieces to get work and sickness leave in order. I'll finish that up monday, then i can just focus on shit I need to.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes and the offer of the TARF. At the moment, everything is just fine and the state will pay 100% salary whilst on sick leave.

As you know, living in a commie country has some benefits ;)

Thanks again.

Apropos of nothing, I am about to lose my first tooth as an adult (at 57 years old)
It’s wobbly and definitely a matter of time.
Luckily it’s at the back so not highly visible.

Apropos of nothing, I am about to lose my first tooth as an adult (at 57 years old)
It’s wobbly and definitely a matter of time.
Luckily it’s at the back so not highly visible.

I would have thought that you of all people knew this:

Fun aside, do you know why it is coming loose?

Stephen, what are we looking at?

Mick, I have an upper tooth that the filling fell out 2 years ago. I believe it's cracked in half as I can wiggle the inside half but not the outside half. Been babying it for 2 years prolonging the inevitable.

I would have thought that you of all people knew this:

Fun aside, do you know why it is coming loose?

It had a cavity that the dentist drilled out and filled last week, I wonder if she drilled out too much.

Stephen, what are we looking at?

Mick, I have an upper tooth that the filling fell out 2 years ago. I believe it's cracked in half as I can wiggle the inside half but not the outside half. Been babying it for 2 years prolonging the inevitable.

I’m going to get the pliers on it within days, I can’t leave it alone!

Now, if you were American, you'd sue the shit out of her.

At least the fact that it is poor dentristry and not old age, should be a comfort.

That sucks Mick. I bit a peanut wrong and cracked a molar, had to come out because it cracked to the root. It sucks, but you'll be alright.

Stephen, I'm just a dumb logger from way out in the sticks...........................................................................WTF are we seeing here?

A young female preacher waiting for the assembly to show up.
A stallion grader waiting for the first animal to prance by her.
A teacher of operatic singing waiting for the first pupil to step up on the pulprit and belt it out.

HMS Stig is truly lost at sea, here.

I’m ok with it.

Strange because I often dream about my hair or all my teeth falling out then wake up sweaty and frantic, it’s a ‘worry about aging’ dream.

My dad had full dentures at my age so can’t complain

I once dreamed I was asleep on the side of a hill in a nice green field. And I remember that a radio tower walked up and tickled me in my sleep. I am not making this up. Please interpret that one.

I also dreamed once that a human-sized dinosaur chased me up a tree and when I got to the top it stabbed me to death. I remember dying in the top of that tree. Next image in the dream I was floating in front of a bunch of neatly spaced out records... I figured each record represented a possible life that I could choose next. But that's just me guessing. Pretty weird having a dinosaur stab you to death. Okay... I'll quit posting weird-ass dreams. I'm afraid I might start a trend or a panicked stampede.

Back