How'd it go today?

How does that name work out Jim? Do they all have Anglo surnames, or just some with Anglo ancestry?

Yeah. They give you several days of shots to build up the numbers, then a shot to mobilize them, then filter your blood about 3 times over to collect them, rather than drilling bone marrow out. It sounds more fun than it is lol

Sounds better than having your bone drilled, which is what I was thinking. Getting your blood filtered is like a vacation in comparison :^D

Dunno what the tribe % requirements are but it's probably worth looking into...there may be some tribal corporation benefits you are qualified for? By and large the Alaska native tribes have made out much better than the lower 48 tribes. I'm no authority so I should probably keep my mouth shut but consider looking into it is all I'm saying.

I'm not sure but 1/8th might not be enough to qualify to be a seal hunter ;) . Might have to stick with sheep and cattle (which are a lot better tasting IMO).

I need to ponder what to say in the adoption thread.

Last edited:
3rd morning out of 4 I got rained on. Not enough to quit, just enough to soak in eventually. Be nice if the wind would calm down a bit. Ah well, things are getting done...

:^D

It's not just the heat(today was a reasonable 64°). Making grass shorter is a colossal waste of time and resources. I use the phrase 'making grass shorter' particularly, cause it highlights how utterly stupid it is. If I were 'mowing grass'. I might be doing something important, like harvesting animal food. I'm just making it shorter. It grows up, and I cut it down. Every week until the dormant period. If it's particularly dry, I might get a 3 week break in shortening it. Small consolation, and it picks back up in the fall. Last week in October is usually the last shortening. Then the most wonderful time of year starts. Wood fires, falling leaves, snow, and scotch. Not a damned blade of grass to shorten anywhere. I switch to shortening wood, but that's a productive activity. Keeps me warm during and after.

Time to shorten grass here too. But mostly about fire that. Burns slower, catches less on fire as the fire travels.
I wanted less grass where I was working today. So that mulching head on the 95HP Kabota made short work of trails to piles of brush that needed mulching. At least I remembered to bring a bag of lead shot with me. Need that extra 25lbs to activate the safety switch in the seat so I can air the seat up. Other wise (like the time i forgot the shot last month) I have to deflate the seat and slouch down to get my ass on the switch just right. But one good bump and I have to reset the parking switches. One more dusty day of that fun and Im taking a day or two off.

Working on water lines at the school today. We're going to have automatic waterers in reach dorm room. There are pigs and chickens in there, now. Students are long gone. You can't do anything around that place without the inspectors jumping up in your face and giving their opinion.

We like to shop locally. I pulled this lump of plumbing out of another building. Saved almost a hundred in valves alone. Never mind the black iron fittings, which are not always so easy to get unless it's really simple. Used a couple 2"x1" reducing 90s. Yeah, they've never heard of that at Home Depot.

20210506_180246.jpg 20210506_170818.jpg

Job Fox spent a lot of time around me this morning...

20210507_102223.jpg

I saw her catch a mouse, and the boss saw her catch a starling. She followed the carpenter foreman like a puppy. He was handfeeding her yesterday, and she's been getting food from all the workers. This job's probably the best thing that ever happened to her. She hit life's jackpot.

Back