How'd it go today?

Lovely day. Cold and snowy. Only the big boys had problems in the swamp. What could hold me easily broke on them. Really no water, just muck. I’m just guessing it’s all peat moss below. 2*F tomorrow at start time. Might firm up enough for the big boys.
also have some snow squalls coming in tonight. Might be up real early to make sure the neighbors are good. I’m warming my fingers from finding everything n my truck bed that is covered in snow. Amazing how much gets buried under 6” of snow and ice

I had to mess around picking up x-ray eqpt. today and rigging it to our trailer...lots of fiddling and being outside in 25 degrees...WAY cold for us down here. I was all layered up and did OK...you talking about 2*F at start tomorrow is just nuts. Y'all are madhatters, for sure. Respect to all.

Attachments

• 20210212_121201.jpg
    20210212_121201.jpg
    8.1 MB · Views: 2
  • 20210212_121209.jpg
    20210212_121209.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 2
Saw a pileated woodpecker at the office today. He was making a cavity in douglas(I think) fir. I'm thinking that probably isn't good :^D Might be a fun removal for me in a couple years.

Truck needs brakes, but I have to drive on it tomorrow. It'll probably need a caliper too by the time I'm done. Not my problem...

Came inside in time to read to the kids and get them off to bed. Ate a couple bowls of Chile. The wife is getting better at making it. Not just beans and meat anymore. Had lots of other things including corn and new potatoes. I’m trying to relax a bit before a shower and bed. I might have to restart drinking whiskey. My beer was freezing within minutes of me opening it while I was cleaning out the truck bed

It’s been a loooong time for a reason. I should probably leave my beer in the garage where it’s kind of heated. We shall see

Hahaha.

I grew up in Chicago. Western Washington state, where I've lived for 14 years, is very temperate. People here melt at 80F, and freeze at 25F.

Much respect that you work in such cold weather.

Got another little 6 inches of snow...just enough to get the snow-thrower out again. We're still over 3 feet short of our average for the season.

The only people who use that phrase work in offices.The weather in Bergen is typically mind bendingly appauling -
heh, heh, looks a lot like Wrangell weather, maybe a tad bit drier. We are getting a bit of snow tonight which is a lot more interesting than the usual rain.

I had to mess around picking up x-ray eqpt. today and rigging it to our trailer...lots of fiddling and being outside in 25 degrees...WAY cold for us down here. I was all layered up and did OK...you talking about 2*F at start tomorrow is just nuts. Y'all are madhatters, for sure. Respect to all.
25* lol that's a heat wave. I've been looking forward to 25* the 40* next week, if it holds, will be tropical. You'll see folks in shorts walking around. Mark my words!

heh, heh, looks a lot like Wrangell weather, maybe a tad bit drier. We are getting a bit of snow tonight which is a lot more interesting than the usual rain.

Yeah Bergen sucks weather wise,pretty much the same latitude as Anchorage but over 120 inches of rain fall in 2017. 2015 I think it was when we had 300 days of continuous rain.

Yeah Bergen sucks weather wise,pretty much the same latitude as Anchorage but over 120 inches of rain fall in 2017. 2015 I think it was when we had 300 days of continuous rain.

What is it they say Mike about Bergen? Bergen has but one season, the wet one. It starts in May and ends the following May.

What is it they say Mike about Bergen? Bergen has but one season, the wet one. It starts in May and ends the following May.

A man visiting Bergen asked a passing Boy

"Does it always rain here son?"

"I don't know" replied the Boy "I am only 9 years old"

I got it wrong about the longest run of continuous rain,it was 100 days of continuous rain .In a year we had 300 days of rainfall.

Well, with Milford Sound having 182 days of rain a year, it is a good thing you are used to it.

Well, with Milford Sound having 182 days of rain a year, it is a good thing you are used to it.

Ummm...

Would you be so kind as to explain the relevance between New Zealand's least populated area,myself who grew up in Canterbury and Bergen Norway?

"Its a good thing I like Pastry, since your Danish and all"

That type of brevity?

And I thought it rained a lot in Olympia.

It's a cute saying, at least, even if false.

Is Bergen coastal?

And I thought it rained a lot in Olympia.

It's a cute saying, at least, even if false.

Is Bergen coastal?

Yes.
It sits at the end of a Fjord surrounded by 7 mountains The warm moisture laden air from the sea,specifically the gulf stream,gets funneled up the fjord and has to drop the water in order to rise over the mountains.

2*F at start time this morning and a balmy 14*F now. The long hike through ice and snow plus cutting and carrying everything off the ROW keeps you rather toasty though. I’m down to 3 layers and still sweating. Just hiked back to the truck to order parts and grab another saw. The needle cage bearing decided to quit at the furthest point possible

I was cold first thing this morning, but getting pissed off and launching my prism pole got me warmed up. Not the greatest day. No real problems, but a bunch of little shit I wasn't in the mood for. Laid out a bridge abutment, then went home. Back's kinda sore.

Back