How'd it go today?

Looks pretty clean. Where'd you find it? I don't do facebook, and every time I look at craigslist, I hardly ever see any decent saws. I've also never had anyone get back to me on a craigslist enquiry. Bunch of flakes...

I have a MS650 Magnum with a 36" bar. Since I have never run a 660 the 650 is just fine for me. We don't need it often but when we do it gets the job done.

Yours looks good. Use that compression release.

Found it on Craigslist. I like being able to look it over, and the guy didn’t mind me pulling the muffler off to have a peek at the piston and cylinder. Reckon it’ll last me a lono time.
I’ll be swapping that 20” bar for the 28” on my 441 and probably buy a 36” for just in case.

Compared to a 660, it has a bit more weight and a bit less power. Still a good saw though.

Busy week doing tree work. Mostly drop and chip, I take what I want.
Got my clothes dryer up and running, no gas leaks.

I've been having a problem with my maasdam puller, under load the rope stretches and the smaller diameter jumps off the sheave. I tried a number of different 3 strands, same problem. I put some 5/8" it holds under high tension, but jumps on lighter loads.

I've been looking for some wyeth-scott pullers, no luck up here.

Makes things more complicated, but you could put a 3:1 on the maasdam. Might keep it from slipping.

Busy week doing tree work. Mostly drop and chip, I take what I want.
Got my clothes dryer up and running, no gas leaks.

I've been having a problem with my maasdam puller, under load the rope stretches and the smaller diameter jumps off the sheave. I tried a number of different 3 strands, same problem. I put some 5/8" it holds under high tension, but jumps on lighter loads.

I've been looking for some wyeth-scott pullers, no luck up here.
Maybe it's worn.

Good start to today. Heard Spot out back doing lots of meowing. Saw something in her mouth, and got closer to see what it was. It was a mousie. Since I've been feeding cats, I've had way fewer mice get in the house(usually in the fall). Nice to see confirmation my mousetrap's working.

Whats that goofball saw that all the oldtimers fawn over?

Like an 064 or something?

Whats wrong with a 650?

Basically, it is a farmer saw.
So seen with your eyes, it probably shines.
That is a cheaper line that Stihl makes for occasional users.

For someone who runs saws 8 hours a day, it is underpowered compared to what it weighs, has no Arctic package and the engine wears out too soon.

064 was the last saw that wasn't hindered by noise and emission issues.
Hell of a saw, but compared to the modern ones, it vibrates like a MF and you constantly have to clean the air filter.

So, while I may be an old timer, I down't fawn over it.

Difference between the two of us, Burnham.
You are a retired oldtimer, while I still kill trees for a living.

James May said it so well about old cars: " They are so beautiful to look at, but absolutely crap to drive" ( From memory, so maybe not precise)

Found it on Craigslist. I like being able to look it over, and the guy didn’t mind me pulling the muffler off to have a peek at the piston and cylinder. Reckon it’ll last me a lono time.
I’ll be swapping that 20” bar for the 28” on my 441 and probably buy a 36” for just in case.
Nice snag Jonny !

Its been a very interesting week. The ninja was in town so we put him to work Monday, we had the 55 ton in to nuke a row of cedars along a driveway plus a truly giant Spruce. He didn't have to do any ninja stuff but lordy he works hard8). 1 hour into the job the neighbor comes over with property map in hand and says the cedars are hers. I refer her to the custy. So we dump the huge spruce and start picking it out of back yard. Mad hot day. One of my 576's locks up, later the saw shop tells me it's f'd with lower end damage, I've never had a saw do that. Then we're grinding the huge spruce stump and my ultra dependable vermeer 752 shits the bed just when finishing the stump . Mechanic says it's the turbo or head gasket. Another first.

Custy said bag the rest of the cedars, apparently neighbor owns em. Well alrighty then..

I gave the Ninja one of my older 201s and the wife picked up a new 572 and 201:headbang:

Next day the huge tropical storm hits, shitloads of tree damage including a giant sugar maple in my front yard which tore down all the street wires. Been no power, internet, phone since. And cell phone service janky too. Lotsa cold showers this week!!! Got power/hot water back late today, took a cold shower anyway :boogie:

From the storm, took a gigantic oak out of a large colonial house it crushed almost down the ground, used the 55t, then went and took another giant oak off of another big house that caved in a lot of the second story. Intense 12.5 hour day. And since then, just loads of storm damage. Picking a nice oak off a house coming up on wednesday, and thursday scheduled to take a monstrous sugar maple off another house with the 85 ton. Chit is getting old. Got up at 2.30am to do billing and stay ready with all the other 500 loose ends

Bummer about your gear. Guess it's good you have work, but it sounds like it might be too much of a good thing. Nice seeing the Ninja, eh?

Yeah Ninja was great to see.

Too too too too much work. Nice problem to have but just too much, too crazed.

Where there's chaos there's cash, sucks about the saws but it's part of it sometimes. Cranes are awesome.

You’ll have new saws for when the bs is over at least. Now granted we haven’t had a “real storm” in a while but I don’t get excited anymore. If they can’t wait, they’re not worth my time

Right on!
I love that picture.

We finished our Cottonwood killing spree, then it turned out they had a horse chestnut alley, they wanted dead, too.
Another job where we removed the shade as we worked.
The weather is killing us.
The heat wave just keeps going on.
I've had to drive to the beach every day after work, to cool the dog off.
His total joy when he hits the water makes the drive well worth it.
Tomorrow we'll be back in the woods on one of the Southern Islands.
Since we start at sunup to try ( With no success!) to beat he heat, I'll be leaving home at 3.30 AM tomorrow.
We will be select logging oaks, so I hope for some shade.
If my brain doesn't melt, I'll try for some pictures.

Back