How'd it go today?

10.4 on heat. Worked the last 3 days in South Georgia brutal heat. 95 degrees high humidity very little breeze sometimes shade. We have been reclaiming a couple of pecan trees so that we can harvest the nuts when they fall soon. Had to use the new stihl brush cutter blade, chainsaw, rakes, etc to get rid of the growth. Dirty brutal hot work. Just finished. Going to go find a Whataburger

Attachments

• 20200809_093607.jpg
    20200809_093607.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 4
  • 20200809_093612.jpg
    20200809_093612.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 4
  • 20200809_094209.jpg
    20200809_094209.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 3
  • 20200809_140127.jpg
    20200809_140127.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 4
  • 20200809_140136.jpg
    20200809_140136.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 4
Shitty work Gary, but it turned out nice. I think you posted before, but for the life of me I can't remember, What's the rebar on a stick do?

Jim; What's "blowing out the fuel strainer"? Some kind of prefilter? Why is it crudded up?

I call it a hooker stick. In this situation you can hook a brush pile from the proper angle and drag most of it onto a tarp. We were using the tarp to encapsulate a big pile of brush and then drag the tarp with the tractor to the brush pile. If you stack the brush properly the hooker stick lets you hook it crossways to the stem and move it.

That's what I liked about the machete I broke. A quick pull with the hook would cut, but a gentle grab you could drag piles of brush. A simple thing, but it really made life better.

Cory, so who is your ninja climber?

We got slammed by a storm Thursday and Ive been pretty busy since. Sucks that my crane had a blow out on a tire Tuesday , tire is suposed to be here Friday but they saved me $200 on shipping so its not getting here til Weds. Thanks for that guys! Grapple truck for the win though, we pulled 6 trees off of diferent houses Friday with it. Man Im so over working with idiots (employees) My business is finally up for sale! Funny thing is the guy who is trying to sell it for us who is a great guy now wants to buy the business. Unfortunately he doesnt have any money or experience with trees so Wants to "manage" the business for me! I tried to explain that I really dont need a manager but a good crew. He thinks he can train people to do it????

Hi Paul. The ninja is the climber that worked for me for 10 years till he moved idk 6 months ago to SC, to be with GF love of his life. He knew nothing about trees when he started with me but because he has the knack and mind for it, he developed to be 'the ninja'. I might have mentioned him to you in the past, too bad he's not closer to your location.

Is your Robbie fully gone or is he around still?

If you sell your tree biz, I know you said you'd move to CR but what would you do with your life? After battling with trees and challenges for decades, there might be a big void.

Still no power or Internet in the neighborhood. Been cleaning clients blocked driveways and taking care of dangerous broken branches and trees. Had a good climb yesterday to get half a tree unstuck. I got to clean this mess in my front yard.
One of the trees grazed the deck railing.

Attachments

• 20200805_145143.jpg
    20200805_145143.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 8
Looks like you got lucky there Patrick. That stick could have done a lot of damage if it was just a bit longer.

Hot, hot, hot today. Morning started following the boss to a job. He stopped to get a sandwich, and as I was pulling out, the brake pedal went to the floor. I kept going, and called him; told him I didn't have brakes. I then modified it with "Maybe I have brakes", but after another traffic light, I had to call again and confirm brakes were gone. He suggested pulling over, I said just go to the shop we use, ~5mi away. He didn't like that much, but I said I had it, just go... Got down there, and pretty much had zero brakes on arrival. After finding a place to squeeze in to park, I put it in 4x4lo so I could move slowly to get it in the spot. Tires grabbing and chirping on the macadam. Smoke pouring out of the hood everytime I tried the brakes. I didn't even look, but I'm guessing a line at the master cylinder, or the mc itself blew, and was spraying brake fluid in the engine compartment. I'm driving boss' Yukon til it gets fixed. I don't like not having all my usual stuff available :^/

Back