How'd it go today?

Bike is fairly common vernacular in most places, especially online it seems. I agree with quad/ four wheeler being common terms though. For what it's worth, it's covered by a motorcycle policy, which is fairly standard.

Collect on my own insurance? Surely you jest!

I'm not sure, but I think I write bike more than I speak it. Quad sounds so 80's, normally I call it a four wheeler. "Bike" is more commonly used by the atv crowd, like on the Can- Am forum I'm on, they're all "bikes."

I'm posting from my phone right now, it was acting funny on my previous post, was going to add this to it but I saw you'd already responded. Didn't want you to think I was bring short with ya. :)

ETA: I did manage to scuff my helmet today. Was entering a concrete culvert that runs under the highway. It's slightly wider than the quad, and maybe a foot higher than the handle bars. The back of the helmet hit the corner, didn't quite get my nugget low or flat enough. :lol:

Not at all, Carl.

I think ATV is the term I use most, when instructing. Quad or 4-wheeler less so...lol at your 80's speak comment :). That would be me, I reckon. Never bike...but that's just me, I mean how could something with 4 wheels be called a term that derives from bicycle, i.e. a two wheeled conveance? :D

edit: Better to scuff the helmet than your noggin :).

Ha, Carl's head was too big for the culvert! Glad you're OK.

Today was a day much like any other day, a couple of smallish removals and a bunch of trims. The only unusual part was the owner's proscription that we must not step on his roof and yet prune off the branches that were 3' above his gently sloped roof. It sure would have been easier and faster just to stand on his roof but hey, I'll charge him for walking out a branch until it touches the roof anyway and then trim the underside of it.

Bike is fairly common vernacular in most places, especially online it seems. I agree with quad/ four wheeler being common terms though. For what it's worth, it's covered by a motorcycle policy, which is fairly standard.

Collect on my own insurance? Surely you jest!

Surely you could convince the insurance that the train turned in front of you and you had the right of way

I can never keep up with this thread.

I just did some stump grinding, it was pretty hot until tonight.

That wasn't good Stig, it's happening everywhere worse luck.

Would have made a great Ice fishing shack.

That is funny, I'd need my fireplace with me. Might not work.

Visibility is almost nonexistent backing in. I put down a scrap of plywood where the right tires go and I look for that out of my passenger side mirror when parking it.

I back into some very awkard spots, I'm trying to see it in LHD but it must work the same.

I just drive up the wrong side of the road and out a bit, back straight in no problem. I see people all the time doing it the other way, it's too hard.

That's backing a trailer I mean.

Carl with regards to scrapping the helmet, when I was a wild man and used to race it seemed like pretty much every time I crashed I would hit my head. The head is pretty heavy and tends to go where it wants when you are travelling at high velocities. Buddy of mine was an EMT and he said it is fairly common in MC accidents for the body to hit a stationary object and the head keep on going......

Keep that helmet on....

Surely you could convince the insurance that the train turned in front of you and you had the right of way

:lol:

Yeah no worries on that, Paul. I hit the culvert at a crawl pace. I stopped and sat up outside the culvert to look at the corner and my lid. I'm hoping that this summer won't prove unbearable with regards to the heat and the helmet.

It's 32* out, who wants to pressure wash the bike for its trip to the dealer? :D

:|:

The body shop is the same way.

I haven't been impressed with the dealer's knowledge or reputation. The sooner it's out, the better IMO. Unless a warranty thing comes up, or it needs to be hooked up to their computer, I don't see it returning to them for service.

Mrs Smith, bless her heart got in a long winded conversation with a techy who was in the PI last night over the CA virus protection .Between those two women they have old Al's 'puter running at lightning speed once again .:D

I have had 60 inches at my house. Still waiting for our plow guy to make it. He is not answering his phone so i am getting a little worried.

The whole of the New England states have been getting record amounts . So far here abouts it's been very light . Seems those fronts have been comming up the coast rather than over the big lakes which makes all the difference in the world .

We need some rain down here. Or snow would be better.

Almost done with a guys property lines for more surveying. Tomorrow should wrap it up for that part of the job. All we will have left is burning the slash. Might finish the whole acreage next year. Maybe 12 man days left for next year on the place. Steep and dense brush. Be happy to have the sucka done :lol:
We found a REALLY BIG old manzanita up in there today. I was gonna take pics, but I was too tired to walk all the way back up the hill. I'll capture it on digi tomorrow morning. It has to be at least 350 years old. Maybe older.
Well, off to the hardware store to replace some parts. :)
Katy is off to work and she had school this morning. Busy day. BBL.

Today sucked..woke up with a developing sore throat and cough, which blossomed into full blown icky-sicky by the end of the day. It's worse for me than it would normaly be 'cause I'm away from home attending an extremely mentally taxing road design training. Whine and cry, whine and cry :whine:.

Back