How'd it go today?

LJ, about that engine work. You prob. all ready know this but when you get that engine re-assembled,

dont forget to charge the oil pump. Run that oil for a bit even after you see it through the distributer.

Good advice, Frans. Where should I look for the distibuter?

Aside from turning it upside down, when the pan is back on and refilled, this level of tear down really didn't compromise the oil in the bearings compared to where the oil is after you shut down the engine.

On new bearings I'd sure oil the hell outta it. I still may while it's on the stand just see what I can see.

I gotta say I do not have a problem getting paid.

Why do you extend credit?? (those of you that do)

Lands me more jobs. If people really balk at the job and I like them, Ill let them make a few payments depending on the size of the job. Coupons and such are not valid in that case

Most timesI like cash when done, that is also one of the reasons I like the samller jobs, in, out, paid!
On the job out of town I gave a "guesstamate" as close as I could and charged an hourly rate. I went $300 over my "guestamate" and they wanted an invoice. I left with roughly half in check form, sent an invoice and wait. But there was no real way to figure that job and they knew that. How else can you do jobs like that really?

I usually get paid when I finish or sometimes I stop by that evening and collect. I do have several commercial accounts that I let have 30 days.

Pay on completion unless they make arrangements before hand. Then I charge interest just like the bank. Doesn't happen often but it does get me some jobs that you wouldn't otherwise.

Now the city and school district are monthly, but you know you are getting paid.

Congrats, Gigi!

The distributer sent the wrong fuggin part twice now. They sent a rear oil seal when I ordered a single lifter, then to fix that they sent me an intake valve and the 7 other lifters (ordered seperately after I decided to replace them all) today. They are going to overnight the lifter to me, although they won't drop ship it. Needless to say they are paying for the shipping.

The engine is sitting on the stand with 7 lifters in and the cam installed to the last lifter bore, waiting on the part.

just finished a maple job in two little yards ;) the client wanted the overhangers off the house and not going over his neighbours' yard .

it was a big tree, all the cutting is done, just have to go back and install some branch saver polyester cable at about 40 -50 feet.

I removed some wire cable a hack put in 2 years ago at 20 feet...lol, big winds we had snapped them clean off...;)

Also pointed out to the neighbour, the job some "tree/contractor" guy did for her...huge stubs sticking out, no crossed limbs or dead stuff taken out and he went as high as his 24' ladder would let him ;)

I got her job to clean his mess . all in all, a good day.:D8)

Attachments

• IMGP4185.jpg
    IMGP4185.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
  • IMGP4187.jpg
    IMGP4187.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
  • IMGP4191.jpg
    IMGP4191.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 5
  • IMGP4193.jpg
    IMGP4193.jpg
    898.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMGP4195.jpg
    IMGP4195.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
It was a fun day, had an audience watching us speedline a bunch of stuff :)

Nice tree. Did they remove the clothes on the line before or after you got sawdust all over them?

And Butch, you know that when customers want it raised up off the house, they want it raised up and they aren't going to be happy until you raise it up.

Cool ! Nice when you can fix one and land the extra job:thumbup:

Went and took the burnt dead out of the valley oak I posted in the google thread. 2.5 hours and calling it a day... No chipping required, stack for burn and make firewood of the limbs.... Tree looks better for it. I will probably do some pruning to it in a year or two as it recovers. Two fires did some serious damage. Saw a lot of good healing going on in the tree on the fire wounds. Forgot my ant spray :|: Yup, lil buggers nested about 45 foot up :P Stuck my hand right in them. Well... A big chunk of what they were nesting in found itself in the grasp of gravity :D :lol: I'll post some pics in da other thread.

I am officially on vacation as of this beer :D

And Butch, you know that when customers want it raised up off the house, they want it raised up and they aren't going to be happy until you raise it up.

Oh, I hear that - and I've done that. I just don't like doing it.

exactly....i'm not a huge fan of crown raising, but this tree still has alot up there and they wanted it off....;) what to do???? what they want cuz they are paying me big bucks :) lol

plus now i have the neighbours' tree, and a big ash in the front of the job i just did that has some big droopers over some service lines :)

Today has been ok. Been feeling like crap all day. Real tired, stuffed nose, etc. Hoping I'm feeling better for the work day tomorrow for the upcoming KY climbing comp. We're going to pick out the trees and clean them out a bit.

Bad news is I guess Dad smashed the 361. Cutting down a Pine stem, ground-man had the saw at his feet and he had a pull rope. Dad guesses he did too hard a pull because the stem hit on the top and flipped over, smashing the 361 with the butt end. When he gets home I'll be sure to grab some pics.

You may have to put the old man on probation RD.:lol:

I cut a couple of almond trees up for firewood this morning and then went for the photo shoot with the maple tree. The guy at the ag extention office is going on vacation today after work and said he would look at it as soon as he got back in a week.

Dead wooded a couple of big turkey-oaks and due to the 40mph winds a couple of storm calls. Back home by 7.30pm so not all bad :).

It's also 5 months today in my new job working for the city, it's a job , but even though I miss running my own gig, the stability and steady money are doing me good in the current economical fiasco.

Back