How'd it go today?

Tom just came and went .He's got a crew working on a siding .Evidently a roadway needs widened and the limbs raised for semi grain dumps prior to harvest time at a large grain terminal .

Around 1500-2000 feet in all .They should finsh today .

It seems the help rocked out a .325 chain on an 028 FB .Kinda tough to find any in this podunk town on Sunday .Good old Al just happened to have one which is amazing due to the fact I have very few that run .325 .Soo ,he's back in business at least for today unless his groundys screw up another .

Went to Lowes and got a new flame diverter,reflecter gizmo for my gas grill.

Just for giggles I unrocked Toms' chain .I don't know what the big deal was it only took me about 10-12 minutes . He thought it was rock hard Stihl chain because it looked exactly the same but turned out to be Oregon which certainly is easier to de rock .

The one he left with was Stihl,his to begin with as it had arrived in one of those piles of junkers he sent out last fall .

I cut up about a dozen almond trees this morning for firewood. Then had lunch with my parents and my sister who is out from Florida. Got back and met the mom of my son's girlfriend.

Aunt Sheila was buried in a small ceremony in Cathy's Valley today. It has been a long day filled with smiles and tears. I have 4 TDs to do tomorrow and finish my week out to take a week off.
I may rethink the GTG Rec climb Sept. I will post more on it tonight.
Peace and love all.

Worm farms rock John. We use ours to get rid of the organics and make more good soil.

Worm farm :?Hmm how in the world do you farm worms,plant them etc .Do you milk them like a cow,or gather eggs .

This is odd,worms plus bees.That covers it all I guess subterranian to aerial .

got tired of buying them.....folks use them for composting and such

I figured...heck, lets go look,,,,,founds 100's and built a "farm" thingy for compost and then we can go in and get a full bucket to go fishing.

kids had a blast hunting worms.....yep, worm and bees, WTF is next:|:

I don't fish but If I did all I would have to do is dig under the residue of bark I seem to have left over from the residue of cords and cords of firewood .

Good grief I should start a bark farm I think .Any ways the worms seem to like it .

worms here sell for 18-2.50......

kids had a blast, and heck....their gonna eat our compost.

I think the wood chips/rotting wood are key...we have tons this time of year.

I'm going to stick with it but trainning an ols school guy is NOT the easiest. almost to the point of just shot the old dog lol

Hi Deak, nice to see you posting here. Some of us older types get a headache easily, so let's concentrate on hitting the right keys on the keyboard, with a nod towards decent grammar. ;)

what do you think

I recomend measuring twice before you take the leap. A=distance from ground to tie in point
b= the distance between trees that you leaping from
c= If you still have the same amound of line as you did on the ground don't jump
D= go over a+d
OK OK well I jumped the 45 that was equal to both measurements lol
Then on my first pass I made a skipp with my --- and ond the way back I was laughing so hard I just let go and dropped.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=62619509

FMD, the diesel shop agrees it's either the cam or the lifter (not much else it could be). To get the lifter out, you've gotta take the cam out. To get the cam out, the engine has to be upside down unless I can figure out a way to get around that.

Since it failed all at once, I can't imagine the lobe on the cam isn't jacked up by the (presumed) failed lifter grinding on it. I've got a call in to see how much a cam costs. I'm headed out now to pull the pan and see what I can see looking up. I should be able to see the lobe and perhaps what's wrong.

It's the futkin lifter. Pulled the pan and found this in the bottom. Dad's eating a sammich and he's going to spin the crank so I can inspect the lobe on the camshaft amd see of it's possible to pull the cam without turning the motor upside down.

The shaft of the lifter is .550", the face is (or was) 1.01ish.

DSC05922.jpg

Back