How'd it go today?

You're a braver man than I, Steve. Loan out a $1000 tool that I use to make my living and need tomorrow? And knowing that 80% of saw users don't know how to run a saw without frying the chain (or worse)? Sorry. I'll come by with my saw and make a couple cuts for you, but NO you cannot borrow my saw.

Volunteered at the Foodbank with the wife and kid. Then I went to the dump and now I want to just rest as I can't seem to shake off whatever bug that ails me.

By "gone" do you mean passed out Andy?

No Steve, I meant had his head too far buried in the bottle and his mind had let depresion take over and had the notion he was worthless and this was all his fault.
Had he and I been sitting, drinking and talking we could have goten some things out and discused them, but his mind was too clouded by then!
He's a good kid, tried his butt off to make it work, after doing some stupid crap at first, but I don't think either of them really wanted this mariage to work!

I'm wondering if the whole valve train got tweaked when the timing belt broke...

This was the third time the belt broke (or stripped) in 225X hours. Best of my knowledge they only ever replaced the pushrods. What I can't fathom is how you break a SOLID lifter. I'm also having a tough time deciding how to get at it. I'm looking for a technical manual online now.

Hey, this was real training. :/: she puts out a lot of heat and it's going to be in the 30s here by Mon. morning. Or so they say.....:what:

Had to bag the red oak inspection and cleaning because of a car show that made it impossible... cars parked all under the damn thing.

So we flopped a couple of dead ones for another customer and went to the climbing gym. Never been there before, it was extremely cool. Junior and I had a great time, he's REALLY groaning now... and I'll admit, my hands are sore.

Booked a couple of jobs to boot.

Wow, we are still in full summertime mode here. We usually get our first break in the weather (highs below 90, lows below 70) about the third week of September. I can't wait.

Things went pretty good today for the afternoon extravaganza .I flipped hamburgers for about 35 -40 people and I have to be the words worst grill cook .Drinking a brew and chilling out since the crowd has left .

My neighbors down the valley had frosts already a couple weeks ago. Snow on the mountains briefly a couple days ago. Down in the 30's at night now.

It's a hundred here right now. I just finished irrigating my little walnut orchard. Thanks Andy. You know booze doesn't really help in those situations. You would think that it would, but it doesn't.

Had Aunt Sheila's memorial gathering today. Had about 100 people show. I spent most my time from 6:30 am on just putting things together and BBQ then clean up. Friggen toilet rebuild and garbage disposal fix included. Hacked up a shat load of meat and I did not even look at the weight. Then we cleaned up... I am now rendering the meat scraps to cook off for broth and I am soooooooo fuggin done. Everyone ha a great time and was very moved by it all. We did pot luck save for my BBQ. I set up my mic and amp for speaking... Considering all what went on it went well..

Did I mention I cooked for 150?:|:

Hers a large Chinese Pistach I took out Fri.
By the way, thats not me cutting on the log, another tree company hauling the log away for us.

Attachments

• Large Pistach.JPG
    Large Pistach.JPG
    206.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Split.JPG
    Split.JPG
    194.5 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC00431.JPG
    DSC00431.JPG
    265.5 KB · Views: 2
  • wood pile.JPG
    wood pile.JPG