How'd it go today?

So far it's only been confirmed in two counties, both of which aren't very far from our county.

That really sucks. Our trees are really in for it from so many directions.

That ALB up in new england is really worrying me. What, isn't it approaching a national forest or something that stretches all the way to Maine or something?!!

That ALB up in new england is really worrying me. What, isn't it approaching a national forest or something that stretches all the way to Maine or something?!!

Not that I'm aware of. It seems to be isolated in a very small urban/suburban area at the moment. At least as far as they can tell. No national forests nearby either.

I think he was referring to Rutland State Forest, and the like; From there, it's a pretty clean shot up the Cold Brook corridor into New Hampshire and points north.

Worked on clearing a vista on one of the properties today. Had a nasty uprooting poplar. Our treeguy showed up to put a line in it and pull it away from the road. He decides to dump it, and it goes straight for the road.:roll: There was so much tension in that tree, he didn't have a chance. I worked with them cleaning up the mess. They had 372s, and I had my 394 with a 20" bar and an 8 pin sprocket. Cuts like a laser beam. Can I get a 9 pin?:/:

Worked with my bro today...one of these days I gotta stop- it just makes me a miserable person.

Came home and quoted a job, I almost fell to the floor when she said "That's it?". I told her I can add another "0" if she wants, she giggled.

Haha, they're thoughts of what it was going to cost was outa line. No one else looked at the job, maybe they just didn't know.

I'll take pics when I go and do it, I'll be outta there before 4 hrs at $150 per. ;)

I had an Andy day today.

Flop a 30+" oak into the city street (no biggy), fire up the chipper and chip half a limb before it pulls a Wagnaw and won't restart. I'm coming back from dumping a load (empty) and a U bolt that holds the rear axle to the dump trailer breaks. Then when grinding a stump (at 7:15PM), the grinder blows a hydro line.

But in typical LJ fashion, I ain't letting it get me down. :)

Client canceled till August or September. Did a couple of pick up jobs so I could bill them. Sent my sub labor to a rake and remove job to just make a showing. Went to do a third job and the address ain't apparent.:roll: Went to the shop where I buy equipment twice for a warranty job X 3 as it turns out. They owe me BIG TIME! Going back to see them tomorrow. Got the 1 ton Ford ready to go tomorrow morning to the tranny shop. Fixed the sprinkler system for Katy and her herb garden (no not that kind of herb dood! ;) . Spent some daddy time with the kids. Got a check in the mail and sent out two invoices. Bank, NAPA, Car Quest, post office and office supply.... Beer... Dinner... Frig I am done!

new groundie left my falling axe in the yard, well it got chipped
literally
the damn thing blew up a knife
and 2 of its bolts, scarred my anvil
dented the hood to the shroud and my chute
and generally pissed me off
this right after the client changes the invoice, taking my 4000bf of doug fir- my firewood and some choice lumber,
on a job that i cant catch a break from the wind on
7 am and windy
we'll be there by 6 am tommorow
trying not to come unglued
at least i got some good pics
even better i had a hinge blow out of a fir, took the tree slightly off course,
my 4man got pics of the oak being smashed all in sequence, funny pics

just finished working the phones with some of my crew for the local public access tv fundraising telethon
well see how tommorow rolls

new groundie left my falling axe in the yard, well it got chipped
literally
the damn thing blew up a knife
and 2 of its bolts, scarred my anvil
dented the hood to the shroud and my chute
and generally pissed me off
this right after the client changes the invoice, taking my 4000bf of doug fir- my firewood and some choice lumber,
on a job that i cant catch a break from the wind on
7 am and windy
we'll be there by 6 am tommorow
trying not to come unglued
at least i got some good pics
even better i had a hinge blow out of a fir, took the tree slightly off course,
my 4man got pics of the oak being smashed all in sequence, funny pics

just finished working the phones with some of my crew for the local public access tv fundraising telethon
well see how tommorow rolls

Damn!!

Between chippers and groundies, it's a wonder how anyone get any work done. I about to start calling myself a part time tree guy, and a full time mechanic/babysitter. :roll:

Don't jinx me Carl, I have an oak removal today.

... and my chickens all got out last night, so I have to make sure they didn't lay any eggs on the underside of the truck dump. I guess they like it under there cause it's warm.

I think he was referring to Rutland State Forest, and the like; From there, it's a pretty clean shot up the Cold Brook corridor into New Hampshire and points north.

Did they find it that far up the hill?

good news here today, I am on a steering committee developing a 3 level arborist apprenticeship program for BC, after about 3 years of meetings and paperwork and such we just heard that we have continued provincial financial backing to develop a curriculum and pilot program for level one, hopefully to begin delivery next January. YAY!

Today was hot and painful. I threw a branch out of the tree and cut my neck with a dog leg it had at the end of it. In my next tree a falling pole pruner hit my forearm with the hook. It was a weird hit because my hand immediately lost grip strength and I got dizzy and nauseous. I had to come down out of the tree and sit in the shade for a little bit before I got my legs back beneath me and my strength back. I think I must have hit a nerve or something. Finally I took a black locust thorn to the nose for good measure. I think I must be paying for the five day mini-vacation I took in California.

Dang, sounds rough.

Today was rainy and went. This morning I dialed in the e-brake on the Ford, I can finally park it on a hill without shutting it off and leaving it in gear. It's a beautiful thing. Paid some bills this afternoon, and scored another small job.

Back