How'd it go today?

Hauled some rounds off a job today. Traced a problem in the chipper to the amp gauge. New battery, alternator, voltage regulator, all new wiring last winter.......lost its charge and really had me perplexed until I engaged my brain.

I had a customer that was supposed to pick me up at 9:00 to look at some trees in Livingston and Delhi and he stiffed me. Doesn't answer his phone. Frittered away half the morning waiting for him and did a little work on my trailer, ground a couple of little stumps in Oakdale. Came home and had to drive to Escalon for a bid and worked on the trailer a little while longer. Got the new hitch mocked up next to the trailer at least. I forgot to say that the Google earth car went by today and I was just pulling out of my driveway to go grind a stump. It probably caught me looking like "what the hell is that car with a pole sticking up out of the top"?

Attachments

• trailer (Small).jpg
    trailer (Small).jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 47
Did mistletoe in a black oak today and then dead branches off a ponderosa that has beetles. I wish I had taken the camera as it really looks funny haha.. Not as wonderful as Butches job. But pretty close.:lol::lol:
Pretty much one side gone to 50 feet.. LOL No symmetry left. Maybe if it lives and in 20 years I can even it out a bit.. :|:
The owner of the property showed up just in time to watch me do the pine and that made me happy. No surprises from her and made her feel like she was guiding me through it.
Now it's up to an Arborist to try and save the tree.. She saved a sample of a branch and critters. :/:

Right On :beerchug:

Just FINALLY finished all my calls tonight... I am now scheduled into the second week of April and have two more estimates I need to do by Sunday...
Had a consult today and landed a trim job on a white oak partly over a house :)
Checked out two other sites and have a hollow white oak removal, bull pine removal and some more storm damage to clean up :D

If I make this last till May, No worries... Then its weed eating season till Sept. Should be balls to the wall (knock on wood).

So I now have a 4ish day backlog, funny how that works out.

Today I hope to knock the chipping out of 3 jobs (2 days of work) and haul the logs/grind stumps tomorrow. That's a bit optomistic with the late start, but will see what happens :)

headin to north later today to stay the night in sweet home with a buddy. then i got a class all day tomorow in salem

Cleaning the truck out right now and packing for a 3 day trip to Lebanon Junction, KY, close to Fort Knox. Attending the 2nd Splicing Symposium and I hope to get the hang of splicing. Great part is there will also be a few minor climbing courses between classes. Going to be awesome!

Had nothing scheduled today. Ended up getting the go ahead on some great jobs today and hired a young farm boy. I've had him around a few times in the past on some big labor intensive jobs and he "appears" to be a good worker. Good knowledge of many things mechanical, doesnt shoot heroin or drink all night every night. Also knows how to handle a truck with some weight on it.

Hopefully I have landed a good one to stick around for sometime. As with all others, time will tell.

I had a great one here... install was done by 1430, out by 1500. I got back to the motel about 1630, and am now getting ready to crack open a cold one if Netree doesn't call back, and listen to the domestic squabble in the next room. :D

By the way Erik, you've a full voicemail box. :P

Not surprised... I left the phone in the truck for a few hours to get work done.

Where ya staying?

Today got caught up on some work... Had two jobs going with Katy and Rob's help. Katy just starting to get back in the swing of things after having the baby.
Cut out for lunch to go pick up my son and meet some Arborist character in Bootjack.:/:

I have had some doubts about my new groudie for a while. Today he really did an excellent job. Turns out he is an artist with a hedge trimmer. He hedged all day long and my arms don't hurt a bit.

Have fun at the splicing get to gether, Ranger D. I would have liked to go, just not this year. You'll definitely have some good brains to pick, and many opportunities to see some good tricks first hand.

I forgot I took a couple of scenery pictures today on the way back from Mariposa.

Attachments

• Mariposa 001 (Small).jpg
    Mariposa 001 (Small).jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Mariposa 006 (Small).jpg
    Mariposa 006 (Small).jpg
    41 KB · Views: 33
  • Mariposa 009 (Small).jpg
    Mariposa 009 (Small).jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Mariposa 003 (Small).jpg
    Mariposa 003 (Small).jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 33
Cool... I forgot to ask you Steve which way you came up or were going back... I hope the consult went well... I was also kinda wondering if you were gonna make fun of a certain Ponderosa..:lol::lol::lol:
Poor thing!

We slayed another monster today. Big maple in the Cascade Foothills...

Cowboy Dave agains kept three of us flunkies hoppin. I knew the tree would be both fun and a challenge, so I bid it to get it. Any normal crew would have taken 1.5 days. There was a $3000 bid. I got $1800....$2200 woulda been better, but I ain't complainin'

I got great photos and video...spent the last coupla hours editing...

look for a new thread..

Back