How'd it go today?

Got started removing my pine.

Before
IMG-20241026-132939782.jpg

After
IMG-20241027-142504510.jpg

It was a good time to quit. I needed a bigger saw, and I'm out of shape. It was crispy crunchy dead. Hard to believe it got so bad in less than a year. It was still green this spring.

I flagged a sassafras sapling to save, so of course I hit it with the third branch. That folded it over, but once I got down and cleared the debris, it doesn't look too bad. A little battered, but it'll be alright.

IMG-20241027-151134243.jpg

Forgot my new hitchnut, and I could've used it. Ripped a bunch of latex off my gloves, and it's a real bastard to work through the hitch, then when it pops out, you get a sudden drop as the hitch is easy to work again. Annoying.

I have pics around here somewhere to prove it! I was asking about the creeping death going up the tree, and then it just died. I'm not that familiar with the death stages of white pine, but the smaller branches lost all their structure. Nothing really there holding it together. I guess the stem was the same, but it was thick enough where I didn't feel unsafe, though I did take bigger tops than I had planned from the ground.

Apparently it was bark beetles. That's what the folks here said when I posted a pic of the critters.

You must have young children. When we first moved into the house that was the only dvd we could find for two weeks. Olaf still haunts my memories.
It’s been a few years 😉

They aren’t young any more

See YT frog leap studios for the metal version

I wasn’t a fan of frozen. I liked wall e, cars, the…dinosaur ones… with the squirrel…

Half the phrases I hear in a day make me think of a song

Back