How'd it go today?

We had this discussion elsewhere re. cotton v polyester.
Polyester is a bit cooler but you get terrible BO, plus the shirt seems to retain a memory of it.
So even by 9.00am, before the sweat starts to pour the shirt seems to sense your body heat and pump out a terrible smell!
You get a whiff of it and think ‘who is that?’ And it’s you!

We had this discussion elsewhere re. cotton v polyester.
Polyester is a bit cooler but you get terrible BO, plus the shirt seems to retain a memory of it.
So even by 9.00am, before the sweat starts to pour the shirt seems to sense your body heat and pump out a terrible smell!
You get a whiff of it and think ‘who is that?’ And it’s you!
This is exactly why I never liked those synthetic shirts first popularized by UnderArmor. I even bought some of their underwear once. Wore it one day and that night when I took my pants off they stank like crazy! I'll stick with cotton, thank you very much.

My move is going exceptionally! It's mostly great to see my parents regularly again! We had filets yesterday, that I grilled! It was great!

I scored a lead loss at Mattress Firm! A $1699 memory foam queen mattress for only $599 with a free stand that allows me to lift the top of my bed up into the upright position and lift the base up for leg lift! They had a timely promotion! Comes on August 2nd. Until then I'm still stuck with my air mattress. It is what it is!

Also scored a new TV table from my parents and their old 65" Sony OLED smart TV for free! Got legs for it for $40 from Walmart.

Also looking at a couch on Monday from IKEA. Two seater. Should be perfect for my apartment. Just wanna make sure that it's comfy before I buy it.

Finally, found a potentially perfect new project table for filming knot videos and it folds in half so I can have a place to sit down and eat by myself and use as a computer table! SCORE! Wayfair.com on that one!

My empty apartment is coming together nicely! =-D

View attachment 140114
Next one I get I won’t dick around with the exhaust. Burny burny!
How did you manage that? The closest I can remember coming to getting burned was by resting the engines of a power pruner against me while using it after getting tired. And once when making a horizontal cut on top of a big log with this 395. No big deal, I just slid my hand out of the way after feeling the heat. Otherwise the port there keeps the exhaust away from me in most cases.

DSC02271 (1280x979).jpg

How did you manage that? The closest I can remember coming to getting burned was by resting the engines of a power pruner against me while using it after getting tired. And once when making a horizontal cut on top of a big log with this 395. No big deal, I just slid my hand out of the way after feeling the heat. Otherwise the port there keeps the exhaust away from me in most cases.

View attachment 140115
With toppers you do all sorts of funny things moving around a tree and cutting in cramped positions.

Last edited:
I got an email this morning from USPS saying my package was out for delivery, and that it needed a signature. It's a piece of plastic I ordered from Amazon last week. It cost me $3.46. Am I really supposed to wait around ALL day for the mail man? No idea why they sent it requiring a signature. :X

Signing for packages is annoying, but modern tracking makes an annoying job as good as it can be. They at least accurately(usually) tell you what day it'll be there so you can prepare. Keeps you from having to play door tag bingo. I order tobacco from Sweden, and by law it's supposed to be signed for. For some reason, shipments from my preferred vendor don't have to be signed for. It just gets left at my door, which is awesome. If I use a different vendor, I have to make sure I'm around to sign for it, and I take the day off work if possible.

Oh, they are accurate to the day, but that's an eight hour window. At this point, unless it shows up soon, I'll probably just order one from another source. I'm out of town during the week. I'm just not available to deal with it.

I got my piece of plastic. No signature needed. :X :bs: I paid $3.46. The actual invoice from the shipper was $11.74. Not sure I really want to know how Prime works. Somebody must be getting screwed.

20240720_171925.jpg

Well. The old F350 runs again. Now its time to button up little this and that's to make it road-able.
Damn thing was giving me fits. Spark, no spark. Started with mechanical issues and then went into electronic and then mechanical.....
I hate when something sits for too long. Engine finally gets here and I get that all installed. Then nada. Nuttin.
First, found the damn near new distributor lost a pin for the gear. OK. No worries. Got one and fixed that. Then the pick up module, got that. In fact, I ended up getting two. Get spark, then no spark. Everything I did would result in this. Ohm'd out the coils (2) and voltage etc. Found two broken connections. Fixed that. Same result. Turns out that the combination of issues were not all the issues. Damn cap was defective. The rotor contact would only sometimes come in contact with the coil pin that was spring loaded. Bad injection molding thing. So I ordered a better one on line from where I bought the unit. Upgraded the coil and the pick up module. Yeah! Got spark. But my battery got weak in all the activity. So new battery and backed that up with the diesel on jumper cables. Low and behold, she fired and ran.
The carb had a stuck float and I got that loose today. She ran and idled once I could pump fuel regular. SO now all it needs is the cab mounts fresh, body panels back on, and some wiring and hose tidy up. Thank the GODS. I was about ready to beat it with a base ball bat. Had me flustered.

One of the battles has been the heat as well. Hot to work on. Everything hot to the touch. Heat makes you grumpy and less patient. And things are just too damn hot. Electric things hate heat. Wires, battery, starter, coils, timing lights..... Phones, meters.....

Pulled the trigger on this kitchen table/computer desk/knot & hitch tying table for my apartment. It's nice a sturdy looking and gets good reviews and I can easily setup my tripod ontop of it (perpendicular setup) or behind it (horizontal setup), depending upon my need and (my lights as well). Pretty happy about it. Get it between July 27-July 31.

Still getting my mattress on the 2nd with the free raising stand, and going to IKEA on Monday with the male parental unit, since it probably won't be packed, so I can check out a potential couch. Excited to finally have some furniture. Just got to get the TV setup and moved from my parent's house to my apartment and I'll be golden. Got to remove the old wall bracket from the back and install legs. Nothing an autistic spectrum child can't pull off.

@CurSedVoyce Even humans are mostly electric and we hate heat. Except the elderly and my sister (she must be anemic or something) who like it at crazy high temperatures year round. Yuck. 68 degrees is where I'm comfortable. They call it room temperature for a reason.

Your spirit animal has to be a polar bear :lol:
I'm in agreement with @lxskllr's temp assessments. But I'm less aggressive (usually), and more playful than a polar bear. But goofy, and sometimes mentally clumsy, strong, resilient, and very loyal to my kin. So I'm probably an Emperor Penguin.

This is an actual photo of my spirit...animal...

1721542761406.png

Last edited:
I can't stand cold weather, get over 100 feet up right off the water somewhere and there's simply no way to stay warm. I can't take the heat like i used to after i got sick, but I'll take it over freezing any day. Before i was only happy if it was 110 out and i just caught on fire :lol:

Back