How'd it go today?

went out and looked at a job for another company, been on the phone all day trying to get a crane out there
its about an 1/8th mile gravel driveway through the woods, barely big enough to get a pickup down so we have ton of clearing to do to make the crane fit
tight setup and dropzone, ~90ft silver maple leaning against a house, has to come up over the other trees (in the woods)
my crane guy wont put the jib on his 30 ton so im getting an 80 ton, just gotta meet the foreman over there to see it
when I called the salesman asked about an address, one I had been to last month to bid a job, apperently some other tree company called them for the 80 ton on the exact same job that I lost, small world I guess!

@flushcut and everyone else that is wondering.
This is terrible to admit but I honestly don’t remember what company Z Germans were with. They had a booth next to Greg’s for many years. I’m guessing the company didn’t question their expense account because they bought the rounds all night every night we went out.

We just got back from a go cart track. It was a great layout with 10 tracks I think. Our younger kids got to drive themselves on the family tracks and my oldest and I did the more intense tracks. I had decent carts most of the time and they tolerated a little rubbing and bumping. I’m an aggressive SOB on the track and the number one goal is to pass everyone I can in almost any way possible.

I keep getting muscle knots mid back every evening. Not so much fun.

@flushcut and everyone else that is wondering.
This is terrible to admit but I honestly don’t remember what company Z Germans were with. They had a booth next to Greg’s for many years. I’m guessing the company didn’t question their expense account because they bought the rounds all night every night we went out.
Sounds terrible! Lol

Went to spectate Mike drop a large long dead oak. He did a good job with it. All I did was help shuttle gear to the area. Weather's kicking my ass. I was off last week with an infected arm, and it still isn't 100%. I run out of energy quick, and it's already in short supply with heat+humidity. Good to get out, but I'm looking forward to November.

John did more than shuffle gear. He was a second experienced person on site which is a great thing when dealing with long dead snags. All went to plan but if it got hung up in the dense forest we’d have considerably more work and more dangerous work at that. Good seeing you again John!!

I didn’t know about your arm! Did you post on here? What happened and are you making a good recovery?

Attachments

• IMG_5987.jpeg
    IMG_5987.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5984.jpeg
    IMG_5984.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5986.jpeg
    IMG_5986.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 5
Cat bite. July4 weekend, my boy got the shits which isn't unknown for him, but it usually only lasts a few days. This time it went on longer, and he decided he didn't like the litter box, so I'd have a new and different spot on the floor twice a day with runny diarrhea.

Three Fridays ago I came into the kitchen in the morning, with a new puddle of shit, and flipped out. I grabbed him by the neck, and dragged him into the kitchen to show my displeasure. He gave me the sharp parts to show his displeasure. I went into work sore, and it got worse as the day went on. Got home, saw the infection going up my arm, and I marked it off with a pen and took a nap. Woke up, and it was past my mark, so I went to Patient First and got some antibiotics. Monday came, and it was still spreading, so I went back to Patient First, and they gave me IV antibiotics. Also took a blood sample. Said everything looked good, but I was a little low on salt and high in potassium, which I thought was interesting. I eat a lot of salt, and I'm surprised it came up low.

Between the IV and the pills it's been getting better, but my arm was swollen all that week, and I couldn't use my hand at all. My wrist is still a little swollen, full strength isn't back, and it hurts when I turn it wrong, but it's getting better. Me and the cat made up, he's pooping normally, and it all only cost a few hundred $. He came || close to being an outside cat though. He wouldn't have liked that.

Developed some new hitches today; one which is completely epic in my opinion. It meshes a ring-less SRT hitch (where the "ring" is formed by a hitch cord in a circular shape) with a ringed SRT hitch (where an actual ring is used). The two compress together like a sandwich. I want to do some testing on it before I reveal it because it's either a complete disaster or utterly fantastic. I'm optimistic.

We're experiencing one of the worst heat waves since...ever...so I'm limited on my ability to go outside an climb. I made several new videos for my channel today indoors, so that was productive. But I'm dying to get outside. Since we don't have a winter, this is our winter in Arizona. You're stuck indoors where the A/C is. I hate it. I'd rather have winter because I used to climb in snow storms. Snow and cold don't bother me. Heat sucks...it's oppressive and dangerous. The sun is going down and it's still 106 degrees. Like, wtf?

Anyways, hanging out with my girlfriend tonight. So, that should be fun. We'll probably order food and watch something on Netflix.

@lxskllr Sure makes you wonder what kind of bacteria are harbored in the mouths of cats...or did you get scratched? I hope your arm improves! I've had cellulitis twice and even had MRSA at one point from being in the hospital, but thankfully got rid of it. Anyways, my point being that I sympathize. God speed, sir!

I got scratches too, but this was a deep bite on my arm. The swelling affected the tendons in my arm, and made my fingers not work. They were basically stuck in a loose fist. I couldn't make a solid fist, and couldn't straighten them out. While I was recovering, I'd slowly straighten them with my other hand to keep some kind of movement going, but it hurt like hell to move them.

Long day. Been up since 2:30 am and was driving by 3;30. Made it to Sugarlands Welcome Center before 1:00 pm. Not bad time for having two families traveling together. Just relaxing now. Hoping these storms roll through so we can go hiking tomorrow morning. I’m amazed and disappointed in how much Pigeon Forge has gone to hell in the 13 years since I’ve been down here

Went to spectate Mike drop a large long dead oak. He did a good job with it. All I did was help shuttle gear to the area. Weather's kicking my ass. I was off last week with an infected arm, and it still isn't 100%. I run out of energy quick, and it's already in short supply with heat+humidity. Good to get out, but I'm looking forward to November.
Cat bite. July4 weekend, my boy got the shits which isn't unknown for him, but it usually only lasts a few days. This time it went on longer, and he decided he didn't like the litter box, so I'd have a new and different spot on the floor twice a day with runny diarrhea.

Three Fridays ago I came into the kitchen in the morning, with a new puddle of shit, and flipped out. I grabbed him by the neck, and dragged him into the kitchen to show my displeasure. He gave me the sharp parts to show his displeasure. I went into work sore, and it got worse as the day went on. Got home, saw the infection going up my arm, and I marked it off with a pen and took a nap. Woke up, and it was past my mark, so I went to Patient First and got some antibiotics. Monday came, and it was still spreading, so I went back to Patient First, and they gave me IV antibiotics. Also took a blood sample. Said everything looked good, but I was a little low on salt and high in potassium, which I thought was interesting. I eat a lot of salt, and I'm surprised it came up low.

Between the IV and the pills it's been getting better, but my arm was swollen all that week, and I couldn't use my hand at all. My wrist is still a little swollen, full strength isn't back, and it hurts when I turn it wrong, but it's getting better. Me and the cat made up, he's pooping normally, and it all only cost a few hundred $. He came || close to being an outside cat though. He wouldn't have liked that.
Glad you got the infection under control as they can turn serious quickly (as you well know). This must be one of the few times you’ve been to the doctor. I know how much you try to stay away and in a way I fully understand why.

Your arm must have gotten pretty close to normal at this point as it didn’t seem in bad shape although I wasn’t particularly inspecting for bites.

Last time I was at a doctor aside from getting stitched up was in 2007 I think for an ear infection. I quit getting those when I quit smoking.

Long day. Been up since 2:30 am and was driving by 3;30. Made it to Sugarlands Welcome Center before 1:00 pm. Not bad time for having two families traveling together. Just relaxing now. Hoping these storms roll through so we can go hiking tomorrow morning. I’m amazed and disappointed in how much Pigeon Forge has gone to hell in the 13 years since I’ve been down here
what part of pigeon forge? your only about an hour away from me.

@lxskllr to many people. Way too many. Six lanes of bumper to bumper traffic. My cabin rental is a few minutes between pigeon forge and Gatlinburg and just outside of the national park. Going to try and hit a few of the waterfall today but that all depends on parking.

Hung laundry outside this morning and noticed I lost 3"-4" limb from one of my walnuts in the storms last night. Spot was very concerned about it, but walking over and examining it seemed to satisfy her. Funny animals...

My cabin rental is a few minutes between pigeon forge and Gatlinburg and just outside of the national park
so yeah about an hour and a half or so
down for a little road trip west? im working on the river tomorrow if you want to stop by and say hi, small job but a neat place out in the woods

Last edited:
@WoodCutr
About the only time I won’t be exploring the national park is Thursday. We’re heading into Sweetwater ( I think that’s the place) to The Lost Sea.
We got a late start this morning but managed to visit Elkmont campground so I could get some information on the place and then took a nice long swim in the river. I’m pretty sure because it’s moving is the only reason it isn’t frozen. Cold but very refreshing. @cory would have been proud😎

@WoodCutr
About the only time I won’t be exploring the national park is Thursday. We’re heading into Sweetwater ( I think that’s the place) to The Lost Sea.
We got a late start this morning but managed to visit Elkmont campground so I could get some information on the place and then took a nice long swim in the river. I’m pretty sure because it’s moving is the only reason it isn’t frozen. Cold but very refreshing. @cory would have been proud😎
oh ok
we have friends over that way if I recall, Seth and E's tavern, ive heard mixed reviews but may be good to stop in for a beer and a burger, ive never been

Back