How'd it go today?

Any noise or indication that it was in need of replacement before it failed?
No, nothing. I was coming around a moderate turn, and lost (power)steering. Then the battery light comes on of course. We reset the belt, but something didn't look right on the idler pulley. Run the engine for ~10 seconds, and the rest of the pulley came apart. Looked like it was 100% plastic(!) aside from the bearing race. The parts place he went to was a junk yard, and the pulley he got was steel. Dunno what it came off of, but it fit, and looked better to my eyes, though I guess it's hard to complain about a plastic pulley that ran >200k miles.

@Jonny

Looks like Wisteria, but be warned; very invasive and will work it's way across lawns, into sprinkler systems and will absolutely choke the life out of other trees it latches onto. I've run into custys a few times who had it and did not maintain properly and it had completely killed about 6 trees on one property, including what looked like a 70' fir tree, after spreading out covering almost 1/4 acre after only a few years.. Also not recommended near buildings, as listed here:

@FireFighterZero, i want to relay my experience with a fib and strokes, hopefully it will put you at eas at least a little. Full disclosure, they did not happen to me just people very close to me.

My grandmother has had A fib for around 5 years, ovet the years they have shocked her heart a few time to try to get the heart to return to normal. Sometimes it works other times no luck. Most the time it stays normal untill she gets real sick, like hospital sick so we kind of use at a sign that something is very wrong with grandma. We have a pulse ox device that will tell you if you are in afib. Years down the road she finally got a pace maker put in to help with it but for my grandmother it doesnt prevent afib when she gets real sick. I dont work in the medical field im not a doctor but i did sleep at a holiday Inn last night! :D :whine::O:lol::|::big-tongue5::hello2::big-laughing-at::wav:

anyways things that we dont know about can be scary, afib is not a big deal, he will just have to see some doctors and then everything will be back to business as usual.

In the beginning of February 2022 i have a client/family member that went in to get a heart valve replaced. The next morning when she woke up she was unable to move her rightside of her body. Her arm and her leg. Fortunately nothing sagged that was not already sagging. I dont know if you have these services where you live but it does not hurt to ask, i believe she has meicade? Medicare? she had physical therapist, occupational therapist, and registered nurses, come to her house monday, Wednesday, and friday for the first couple of months since the stroke happend. Last time i was at her house , witch was almoat a month ago she said she was 95% back to herself. I know there are different levels of affected from stroke but this case shows you how much the body can recover. From not being able to move half her body, to being able to get upx walk, shower, make meals all by herself. Shoot some 86 year olds cant even do all that stuff without having a stroke.

Just hang in there buddy, positive thoughts, and just being a listener will help both parties sometimes. Time will help

From my side of the tracks since i stopped drinking and druging many moons ago, i believe that i am able to process the bad/hard/tragedies. Where before i would bury them and that would frig me up even more. And once i got my act together i still had to process everything i had been shoving deep within, in no mans land. One thing i learned is now when something either comes up from the past that i jave forgotten aboot or if something had recently happend, i try to get into a meditative state and i ask myself what can or am i supposed to learn from this and why did this happen. I might not get answers right away, but sometimes i do but usualy over the next 24 to 48 hours i usually have a moment of clarity, that is like my higher self piping into my thought process of what is it that im supposed to known.

Last edited:
Neighbor is building a fence between our yards and hit a gas line that the utility failed to locate. Pretty wild to get home from work and see natural gas pouring out of the ground around a post hole auger with everyone freaking out. I still had to pick up a kid at school and came back home to a little meeting in the front yard. We're back in the house now with no gas while they fix the line. Only the hot water tank using gas now anyway and I got my shower in so I'm good.
20220516_163727.jpg

Thanks for the replies y’all. I’m gonna get rid of the wisteria. If we ever want it back, they’re easy enough to find.

Maybe just watch it, and see if it does anything interesting. There seems to be a little debate as to whether or not it's wisteria. The vine I think it looks like definitely isn't. Keep it from going in the eves, and remove it in the fall if it doesn't do anything fun.

Anyone have a good online site to buy handle AV springs for a 201T? Some gorilla reefed on the saw when it was pinched..

Wife tested positive for the COVID. 😔

She’s been watching HGTV and now a lot of changes are going to be made to the living room. This means money will be spent which makes me cringe. Our young children have destroyed most of the home. Wife thinks they are basically done pooping, peeing, puking, writing, spilling food and drinks on furniture and walls, floors, and ceilings and it’s time to change to some nicer fits and finishes. I’m not sure they are done yet……….

Once you get to a certain age the peeing, pooping and throwing up starts back up again:lol:

All seriousness try to strike a deal with her that after she gets better and back on her feet you guys can discuss or look into it. Because right now she is pretty much getting brainwashed by the tv. Dont tell her the last part

Wife tested positive for the COVID. 😔

She’s been watching HGTV and now a lot of changes are going to be made to the living room. This means money will be spent which makes me cringe. Our young children have destroyed most of the home. Wife thinks they are basically done pooping, peeing, puking, writing, spilling food and drinks on furniture and walls, floors, and ceilings and it’s time to change to some nicer fits and finishes. I’m not sure they are done yet……….

As a father of ten, I can assure you the kids will continue to wreck stuff until they move out. And when they do move out, they'll leave half of their junk behind for you to deal with. jus sayin

wow that is amazing!

Tree frogs are totally amazing.

Pls do tell more about the renesting story

Back