How'd it go today?

Be quicker to fire next time. Richard spotted it a month ago.

You could be saving their or your life.

Hopefully firing him is the best thing for him. Enabling his incompetence is hurting him.

Employees, again and again, have always been the biggest danger to me.

I'd probably be blind, except for PPE.

There's a lot of jobs you can deal with employee mistakes for a long time. Yours isn't one of them. Kinda sucks, but it's in everyone's best interests to let them go.

I worked on the left tree in the 'pine' thread. Didn't finish that one either, but I'm getting clued in to what I need to do it. All these trees I'm half finishing I'll finish last thing. Figure it's better to cleanup many trees imperfectly rather than have a couple pristine trees in a disaster zone.

20220111_141932.jpg

I was hoping I'd be able to brag about my continued flawless apta use, but it took me four shots to get it set today. Only one was a lame shot by me though. Kept hitting dead sticks from another tree, and deflecting the bag.

Like the guy on my Arb course in the UK, the instructors were worried about him the whole time, he did not pass his competencies, threw a hissy fit, got a job with a multinational and a month later fell out of a tree when doing a changeover where he did not connect and test his secondary before unclipping his primary.
Smashed ankles and head injuries.
He was the one flagged as dangerous and it proved correct.

Was it a cool place to check out?

I remember back in '76 putting a roof on just across the Bay from it, was interesting trying to visualize what the place was like before.

Like the guy on my Arb course in the UK, the instructors were worried about him the whole time, he did not pass his competencies, threw a hissy fit, got a job with a multinational and a month later fell out of a tree when doing a changeover where he did not connect and test his secondary before unclipping his primary.
Smashed ankles and head injuries.
He was the one flagged as dangerous and it proved correct.
Yes ma'am, that is the real deal, exactly.

Indeed! I think it would be a big hit. You could have "The Al Capone Room" or "The Machine Gun Kelly Suite." For entertainment, you could have "Escape Rooms."

We started this years logging today.
Medium sized Maple in an interesting forest.
It is situated on top of a chalk outcropping ( Like the white cliffs of Dover, just without ocean) so there is only 8-10 cm soil.
The trees are prone to fall over in storms, because the soil simply lifts off the chalk.
In summer there are lots of orchids, it is the only place in Denmark where Ophys apifera grows.
A flower so weird, it can almost make me religious.

It is first time our remaining apprentice is part of a logging scenario, the size of the trees and the openness of the forest makes it perfect for a beginner.
Lots of room to get the trees down.

We started this years logging today.
Medium sized Maple in an interesting forest.
It is situated on top of a chalk outcropping ( Like the white cliffs of Dover, just without ocean) so there is only 8-10 cm soil.
The trees are prone to fall over in storms, because the soil simply lifts off the chalk.
In summer there are lots of orchids, it is the only place in Denmark where Ophys apifera grows.
A flower so weird, it can almost make me religious.

It is first time our remaining apprentice is part of a logging scenario, the size of the trees and the openness of the forest makes it perfect for a beginner.
Lots of room to get the trees down.
Pictures of the orchid?

I'm going to nominate myself for "Dumbass of the Day Award"

I decided to change the oil in my truck this morning. It calls for 13 quarts so I went to Advance Auto Parts and bought 4 one-gallon jugs. I already had a new filter. Drained the oil, pulled the old filter, plug back in, new filter on. Started adding the new oil and as I'm pouring the last of the third jug into the funnel, I noticed the label on the "one gallon" jug I'm holding: 5 U.S. QUARTS! Oh, crap! WTH, who puts 5 quarts in a gallon jug?

I've puzzled over that size. I guess small cars are usually 5qt including filter? My dakota is 6qt, so I had to buy 2 jugs, and that gave me enough to top off after burning oil. Getting faster now though. I'm about 1qt every 800mi.

Back