How'd it go today?

But I see you have gone to the dark side and got some IBC totes.
Yep. Once I figured I could lift them with the mini it was game on. I’ve got 20 now. With the denser and green wood I can’t quite fill them though. A bucket load tops them off once I move them. I had five I filled all the way up and planned on moving them once it froze with the neighbors full size skid loader but after a few weeks airing out I was able to with lil’ Bessie.

Yeah I'm gonna have to weld up some more pipe forks for my backhoe (or use my trailer crane) but it's gonna be nice i think. I gave my last pair to the mother in law for her John deere tractor loader. I have plenty of locust in the pile to fill up both of them and then some.

I have been this season. Split for a short while and then stack in them. Breaks up the monotony of it. I’ll have to wait till the ground stiffens up before I do any more totes. I still have a few days of cutting and prep before actual splitting anyhow.

It appears to me that those neat rows of rounds assist in an orderly moving of the splitter and a steady flow of work. I just started dropping logs and rounds willy-nilly in the back yard one busy year, and didn't bother to cut any of it to firewood lengths or stage it. Consequently didn't keep it compact, and by Spring the piles had progressed up the side yard to the street.
It took a week for four of us to process it, lots of moving, cutting, stacking. Some time up front might well have kept the footprint smaller and halved the time to process it. I doubt it saves any time, and would think it boils down to 'effort on the front end' vs. 'effort on the back end'. And if I had made pretty stacks, I wouldn't have had to repair as much lawn.

Come to think of it lawn mowing is a massive waste of fuel. I probably burn 150 gallons a year and for what the joy of short grass.

Come to think of it lawn mowing is a massive waste of fuel. I probably burn 150 gallons a year and for what the joy of short grass.
Stop mowing the lawn and sell carbon credits to your arborist biz. Then you can advertise yourself as a carbon neutral or negative business ;^)

Dandelions are just fine. I sometimes mow around them depending on mood. I also have fleabane, star of bethleham, and queen anne's lace as well as some other unidentified flowers that come up at various times. I usually leave them til they quit blooming.

I've had zero luck with the seeds I've bought. To be fair, I didn't til the ground like they said, but I didn't want my yard to look like it was prepped for soybeans and nothing comes up. I figured just spreading seeds would be suboptimal, but I'd get /something/. I keep meaning to dig up some milkweed and bring it home, but I never make the time. I'd also like to try jewelweed on the north side of my house.

Back