How'd it go today?

Good day for a Monday. Pruned a large white oak and a large codom red oak. Also was able to swing into another white oak to get some end weight and view pruning that one of the trainees couldn’t get to. Removed a sassafras as well. We have four more to prune tomorrow plus two more easy removals. I was cursing the weather while finishing up today. Started out in the mid forties and ended up around 30*F and almost white out conditions.
winding down at home. It’s the nightly hunt for the remote going on. Not that I watch a lot of TV but I swear I’m gonna start taking it to work just so I don’t have to search on the occasion I want to watch something.

this is about a 6 minute whole body routine...my goto set when I am pressed for time:

thank you for posting that. Looks very cool, imma try it soon. I'm still (always) looking for exercises/stretches that loosen and strengthen without hurting. The number of times I've gotten hurt or tweaked while exercising or stretching is large.

I wish I had brought my camera and had time to take a picture.
Richard took a truly humonguous top out of a Beech.
Made a facecut, set it on a two level back cut ( Snap cut) and got out of there before the 12 ton 480 HP tractor pulled it off.

Yet another of our weird projects.
There is a beetle, which is only found in one place in Denmark.
Last year they only found 2 of them.
So we were called in to help them out.
We topped 4 large and one huge Beech and dropped one full length, because we decided topping it was too risky, it was in BAD shape.
Had 3 zoologists from Copenhagen Zoo runnning all over with a beetle vacuum collector.

They want to start a breeding and release programme.
Unfortunately they didn't find any.

I took the splint off my broken ankle, since I was only going to be gimping along on the road, stopping traffic.
Yep, those trees were next to a road................go figure.
The shit we do for beetles!

My ankle hurts like hell now, might just have been a tad early with walking around on it.
How old does one have to be, before getting smart?

Back