How'd it go today?

Its like mud wrestling...I'm doing the ceiling and a big gob came off the top rope got me in the face! 1... 2....oh he kicked out just in time folks! (Crowd is going wild!) What a match!

We went out last night to a restaurant in Oslo. Stine organised it with one of my mates and his wife but didn’t tell me.

Restaurant was a Brazilian bbq. Buffet for sweet potatoes fries, salads, cous cous type shit, quinoa etc. Posh shit. Then you have a beer mat. One side is green and says I want meat, otherside is red and says I’ve had enough meat. Waiters are just walking around with meat in skewers. Sirloin, Rib eye, some Brazilian neck cut, lamb, pork loin, chicken wrapped in bacon, pineapples, sweet corn etc. Basically just keep eating until you get the meat sweats. 470 NOk per person, so about 40 quid. Not bad or the quality at England’s prices but in Oslo that is pretty much unheard of.

Then tonight we are having a rave at our gaff. Stine has got tickets for a digital streamed live performance from the o2 in London: Jules Buckley and the Heritage Orchestra present BBC1 at the Proms Ibiza special. All the classic dance music anthems from Ibiza but played on a 65 piece live orchestra.

A bit like this...

This was the from first one in 2015.

wow, indoor dining...

Drywall looking good.
I've spent the last three days pretty much ferrying my elderly neighbors to and from doctors appointments, surgical events at the hospital, and follow-up appointments. The son of one couple is traveling down from Northern New Jersey to take over care of his parents; another son is heading down from Boston to care for his Mom post-op. Timing of the holiday may work out so the families can do the brunt of the care, and I can fall back to just consultant, and interface with the physicians. Might have a quieter holiday!!
Two day crane job from Thursday/Friday which was put off due to the snow and ice might be back on for Mon-Tue, or Tue-Wed, so I best get gift wrapping done today. Also, youngest and her partner are getting interested in carving spoons. I'll cut out a few spoon blanks from wood I have set aside. I like that they are getting into a variety of woodworking projects, as is the granddaughter in Thailand.

Man you are killing it with the crane removals!

Dan, i would go to the hardware store and buy a banjo for taping the joints and some corner mesh for the corners. Otherwise it will crack. Takes a bit to learn, but you'll get it. The only thing that usually gets straight mud is the screw holes. Other than that it looks good!

recommend Leinenkugel"s Berry Weiss as a breakfast beer.

I had a buddy that got a keg of that for the second keg of a house party, ended up sitting on a couch in the backyard working my ass off floating it :lol: Took about til noon or so, just sitting there shooting off bottle rockets and chugging. Happy memories :)

For long runs I like the corner tape that has the metal strip in it, keeps it straight in case your panels are a bit wonky. Good for interior and exterior corners.

Trimming two yews under the rain, what a pleasure!
The lawn was completely soaked by the rain and a good amount turned to mud just by the footing. The HO asked me to bring in my small chipper, so did I. It weights only 910lbs but the 2 caster wells sank in the dirt and left two nice ruts in his dear lawn. Gulp ! When I came out, I drove it in reverse, caster wells first, so the wide low pressure tires leveled and smoothened a bit the ruts. Not so bad now.:D

Shortest day of the year here and the first day in a month we had blue skies and sun.

Had a little spin on a new device. Took out 4 skinny trees next to open phase power lines.

Luckily there were larger trees nearby. SRT for the win. Set anchor then spike the skinnies.

Slipsliding in the mud up and down 1-2:1 slopes laying out sediment control devices. Kind of kicked my ass; literally... Pulled a muscle in my butt cheek, so that's sore now. Also had an issue with one of my knees. It's better now, but I'm hoping it isn't a sign of upcoming chronic problems. It's bothered me before, but it goes away quick enough.

Got home, and the Channellock fencing pliers I got for my boss were delivered. They're pretty nice. Much better than the Chinese crap he picked up. They're still fencing pliers, so they kinda suck, but they'll get the job done when you don't have your full toolbox. Hopefully they'll be useful, and he doesn't lose them. He's good at losing stuff :^D

Near as I can tell, they're the only US made fencing pliers available. I've been pleased with my Channellock stuff too, but it isn't the kind of thing I use day after day.

Back