How'd it go today?

I wonder why there's rows of pecker tracks?
The stone's surface looks like the side of natural crack, very smooth. I wonder if the pecker holes are for enhancing the mortar adhesion or just to make it more man made like the other stones.

The mortar adhesion was a possibility I was thinking of. These are very old (human manipulated)stones, and the holes were part of the original manipulation. The other possibility I was thinking of was for shaping. Chip down in rows, then shear the windrows off to create a flat surface. I know almost nothing about stone masonry, so the process is a bit of a mystery.

Just got back from the sawshop with the stuff to convert my 026 to 3/8. I got a 16" bar, scabbard, rim, and a 3pack of files for the .325 chain for $50. His price on the Ematic bar was less than what a WoodlandPro would have cost me. My dealer's a treasure. So happy I was turned on to him. It's a ~30 mile hike to get there, and I pass numerous Stihl dealers on the way, but it's 100% worth it :^)

@Danthetree1 also could use a nailer board along the top of the wall line. I myself hate drywall. I’m decent at it but don’t enjoy it one tiny bit. Thank god my father in law was a finisher. I make sure to invite him over for dinner whenever I’m patching drywall.

Water softener was installed yesterday. Giving it a week to flush the lines before the tankless hot water heater gets installed. Also the gas line will be plumbed into the house at the same time. Steps in the right direction.
today was good too. Put up a bunch of door hangers letting residents know we will be closing the road for two days doing hazard removals next week. Then went to the arb store to pick up a small part of my order
118BCE97-554D-4CA6-9C2A-E58500C43927.jpeg A0EF9CAF-989B-4779-A726-1ACAC6B550D2.jpeg

I debated a long time before getting that. The Stihl chain at my old dealer was expensive as shit, and Oregon chain kinda sucks. I had read plenty of hate about the triple humped straps, but ended up trying it out cause it was only $240 shipped for the reel. Figured I could use it just for bucking, and thrashing it on really nasty wood if it wasn't any good. Works fine for me. I can bore cut and everything. I ended up buying another reel. All things being equal, I'd rather have yellow chain, but I'm happy with it at the price I paid. My new dealer is $100 more for any kind of Stihl chain I want. Probably worth it for yellow chain, but I don't regret getting the rm2.

Back