How'd it go today?

You cant sell what you produce as organic though. Organic is mostly about the money. Mostly.

What is heads and shoulders above the rest is "Regenerative" ag. Organic and No till dont even come close.

Cover crops, diverse rotations, polycultures, and livestock.

I wonder what is stopping a bigger turn toward Regenerative Ag? Organics have already proven that lots of folks are willing to pay more for a better product and sustainability, no?

Reactions: DMc
The word organic was stolen by the federal government several years ago. Prior to that there were regional certifying groups for "organic"farms like Oregon Tilth or Maine Organic Farmers&Gardeners Assoc (MOFGA). These groups could set their own standards for organic, to require the best farming practices in their opinions.

The feds took over and said noone else could set the rules for the "organic" label. Overnight the standards MOFGA and others could enforce shifted, became less flexible and less protective in my opinion. Organic does not mean good for the environment, it just means following the technical rules. I think Jim's point is partially that the word/ label ORGANIC really doesn't mean much regarding environmental impact. No GMO, fewer pesticides, but that's about it

I have a degree with a minor in sustainable Agriculture, but haven't kept up on it. My thoughts may be out of date/ wrong now.

Awoke this morning to the all to familiar sound of rain hitting my roof vents. So now I sit, staring at a hanger from inside the truck, waiting on it to pass. I’m trying to get a few storm jobs wrapped up this morning so I can hopefully make it to a rec climb this afternoon. Endor’s is launching the Valiant saddle this weekend and the climb is part of it. I was invited and would like to climb with these guys

Youtube just deleted my account. I heard at the beginning of this year they were deleting several people's accounts. I just figured it was a matter of time before mine got it.

frig youtube, and google in general. I didn't use it much, but years ago I uploaded a WWII British made propaganda film that humorously remixed Nazi propaganda clips. Last year I think they deleted it since it referenced Nazis. Idiots...

That's why centralizing the web's bad; facebook, google, twitter... You're only a policy change away from having your stuff disappeared. If you still want to upload videos, look into peertube. It has a minuscule presence compared to youtube, and isn't as easy to get setup, but there's no one to tell you "No".

Thats cool Sean.

I would like to hear some of your thoughts sometime.

The info doesn't really go bad.....it just needs a freshening up once in a while.

In my opinion.....the old ways seem to have a longer shelf life than the new stuff.

It still comes down to poly culture, diversity and diverse rotations, livestock integration and keeping a living root in the soil.....along with absolute minimal disturbance.

Everything after that is just fine tuned details.

No till is really good stuff! They also make spades tillers, that are less destructive to soil structure than plowing/ conventional tilling.

Check out Jean-Martin Fortiers book "the market gardener" for some cool stuff on intensive small scale no till agriculture. Not exactly the same scale as you, but same concerns and maybe some info you can use/ translate.

What happened? Did they give you a reason?
As with a lot of other's YT terminations, they give no specific reason or evidence. They just say you have several severe violations of their community rules. I tried looking into it, and I can think of some potential very minor issues, that could possibly be misunderstood, but I think they are a bunch of snowflakes who don't want non Ad running channels that don't get a lot of views. It could have been too many of the same videos that appear to have no targeted audience or much importance like: a handful of RC airplane videos for friends to see, or a handful of chainsaw videos to help people see how different saws perform. It could have been my occasional videos of blowing stuff up with tannerite (chainsaw, phone book, microwave...), videos which I keep private or unlisted, and have content nowhere near as dangerous as what a lot of other people show publicly. It could have been my single comment on 5 different videos about a year ago with a link to one of my videos saying basically "see the right notes of this rock organ solo here" being considered spamming, but the owner of one of those videos thanked me for that comment. Maybe it was for having my email address in some videos.

Hmmmmm... Weird shit. All this censorship. I think my .38 wadcutter shot at the bottle is still there. And my 45/70 Happy New year. Idiots. Maybe I need to step it up a bit :lol:
Meanwhile your whole channel is gone? Ass hats

frig youtube, and google in general. I didn't use it much, but years ago I uploaded a WWII British made propaganda film that humorously remixed Nazi propaganda clips. Last year I think they deleted it since it referenced Nazis. Idiots...

That's why centralizing the web's bad; facebook, google, twitter... You're only a policy change away from having your stuff disappeared. If you still want to upload videos, look into peertube. It has a minuscule presence compared to youtube, and isn't as easy to get setup, but there's no one to tell you "No".

I still don't understand much about peertube and related tech, but I'm all for anti google. I keep thinking how I wish there was a good search engine that was as good and easy to use (easy to find stuff) as google used to be. And it isn't fun being attacked by ads and tempting interesting content when you just want to look something up. I wonder if peertube videos would show up on a google search? Probably not, and that makes it much harder for people to find your helpful content. I'm not too worried about it. It's just one more problem in this messed up world.

I like duckduckgo, and you have easy access to other searches via !bangs, so it's the only search engine I have installed.

!ya = yandex search
!g = google search
!sp = startpage search(google results without the tracking)
!ebay = You know what this one does

and on and on. There's thousands...

Had a good day yesterday. Small storm damage (once the rain quit) clean up, onto a 60” DBH box elder removal, and finally stumps from a storm job a few weeks ago. I didn’t make it to the rec climb but had a low risk profitable day. Finished the day off with a few beers while watching “Rat Race” (movie) with the wife.
Started this morning with watching some terrible kids show with the kids then made breakfast. Now I’m getting into work mode. I’ve got (hopefully) a loose fitting on the mini that is causing hydraulic oil to hit the fan and blow into the radiator/ oil cooler. Hoping to fix that and clean it good. Also noticed that when I checked the fluids the hydraulic cap acted like it was vacuumed on. It should be vented so I guess I’ll try to clean it as well. Anyone know if I can soak that in gas? Also kicking around the idea of upgrading to a newer/ bigger model mini. I’m supposed to be demoing the CTX100 at work next week so I can get a better idea on that. I also need to figure out if I can fix my bmg or order a new one. I twisted the grapple a while back and it seems to flex pretty easily now. Agitating to say the least.
Anyhow, I hope everyone has a great day! I’m planning to

If you mangled your BMG with a mid sized mini, what will you do we a full size?

What are you running currently?

My mini's hydraulic suction line collapsed again. The one that should be at atmospheric pressure. The one everyone says won't collapse.
Weird.
Don't have a way to measure flow to see if it's impacted.
I don't hear a suction when removing the cap immediately after shut down.

Huh!
Weird Sean. My line on the dingo is so damn stiff, i dont think it can collapse. I replaced it once because some debris in a field ripped up the jacket some. But it has got so much metal woven into the rubber, you about need a mallet to flatten it a little to get through a tight spot. When i went to the hydraulics shop to buy some replacement hose, they sold me one harder that that one and i had to take it back since i could not form it to the tight spot. Might want to look into getting something like that.

I’m running Vermeer 650 Sean. It’s a very nice midsize mini skid. I managed to mangle it in a moment of stupidity and frustration. I was bound and determined to load some nice white oak mill logs with it. That went fine till I got the last log in and couldn’t get the grapple out. Long, hot day and pissed off. I got tired of trying to finesse it and just went full muppet on it. Lesson learned. I’ll do as I’ve done for a while and deal with it. What o should do is take it apart and have someone cut me new parts. I need to pull one of the bolts out and see how worn they are. Could be partially the issue.
The day is getting frustrating. My wife wants to clean the garage but has no idea of what that entails. She’s trying to put shit away when she hasn’t figured out where it goes or what it does. I can’t seem to get her to realize that there is a process. Random items need to go close to their homes for now. Once everything is sorted out it can be fine tuned.

Hope the painkillers are strong and nurses pretty!

Finished the last block of ash trees on this job. Crew had not been in for a few days winching the felled trees out leaving me with no option but to drop all the edge trees onto the felled ones. So, with a big smile on my face I created the biggest rat's nest I have seen in a loooooong time. Glad I'm going to be fishing tomorrow when they arrive 😆

Worked at the poop plant today. Had to layout a couple storage units for processed poop. They make fertilizer out of it. It was my first day there(might be my last), and it didn't smell bad. The guy said it sometimes stinks depending on what they're processing that day. Easy day. I just went home from there cause I was expecting a delivery that supposed to be signed for, but the UPS guy just left it in front of the house a little bit ago. Got my snus!

Bad(good?) news for my locust. I went to get the mail, stopped to pull some vines, and noticed it was getting hollow. That'll definitely come out this fall, and I'll be a little more aggressive taking the branch off now. I might go with plan A, and remove the whole branch by double tying it, and lowering it slowly. Being hollow opens up more possibilities for removal. I was gonna try to save a saw log(hoping for the best), but now that I know it's no good, I can bring it down firewood length, and I might be able to just bomb them off without hitting my no touch stuff. Disappointing that it has to come down, but I like the definiteness of it being compromised. I don't have to wonder "Now, or another year?" :^)

Hope the painkillers are strong and nurses pretty!
Possibly the other way round Pete!😆
Hope you're up and moving quickly! What kind of work did you get done?
Had a decompression/discectomy at L4/5 on both sides.
I had the same op 10 years ago plus on L5/S1 level also. Yep , been up once and the physios will be in tomorrow morning to get me up and about.

Back