How'd it go today?

Somewhere in there. Not really sure though. I’ve noticed I get More that I actually meet the customer than the ones I don’t. Older folks and young housewives seem to be my best numbers though. Flaunt it if ya got it I guess. They sure do trying to get the best price. 😆

I think my involvement in the bobcat's over. Boss said he was gonna get a mechanic to look at it. I think that's a stellar idea. It hasn't been well cared for, and could use some professional attention. Y'all should have seen the oil I drained out of it. Thick and black.

I just made an emergency order of snus. A brand I like looks like it may no longer be made. I'm hoping the shop I ordered from has stock on hand. I bought three rolls(30 cans altogether). Loose snus varieties are getting cut left and right, and that's what I really like. Portions are kinda meh. More tobacco for the freezer... Between snus and nasal snuff, I literally have a lifetime supply, but it isn't all necessarily my first choice.

Copenhagen long cut my friend, one of life's simplest treats. Diesel oil looks bad normally, thick and black is actually common. My truck oil looks terrible, but the motor isn't even broken in yet. The emissions stuff definitely doesn't help tho, I'll agree to that

I get Copenhagen snuff on occasion, or Timberwolf Longhorn fine cut natural, but I get tired of them before the can's done. That's something where I'd rather bum the occasional pinch than get a whole can for myself.

edit:
Been so long I forgot the alternate brand I'd get :^D

Last edited:
I remember my first lip of Copenhagen :|:

09, I have a CAT 3116, the oil goes black quickly. I have a Kubota tractor and a Cummins in the bucket truck- Kubota oil stays new looking virtually full time and the Cummins isn't far behind. Kubota is pre emission, Cummins is a DEF motor. Any idea why the differences, just curious. Thanks

I always thought it was a combination of how much oil is left in the motor during changes, and with the def engines, the fact that when the engine regens, it's dumping fuel into a cylinder, which would wash carbon off the cylinder (might get into oil).

I'm hoping the shop I ordered from has stock on hand.
Tragedy! They only had one of the three roll of Knekt I ordered. They said I could substitute any other kind, so I ended up getting Ettan, which is my main brand. That's a value upgrade, but I already have a bunch of Ettan in the freezer. Oh well, I tried :^/

Turfstone

I'm looking at using this to get rid of a bunch of blacktop - I hate the need for sealing/upkeep, how soft blacktop is, and how hot it gets.
Cuts heat buildup.
Lol! And don't ya just hate that?? Took my chip truck in to a good mechanic for some work having nothing to do with the radiator etc, got it back and the temp gauge hasn't worked since:X
A wire got jerked loose?
Will the mechanic not find what they broke?
Probably very few wires from the thermometer (wherever that is), to your dashboard guage.
What was he working on?

Sean and Lxsklir, I'll look some more. I haven't been back to him, he's far away

Didn't do a thing today. It was raining, but I went to work for??? I'm not sure. Just to get out of the house I guess, and I figured if the boss needed help on the computer or something, I could handle it. I just played on the computer, bought a bunch of stuff from amazon, then went home at ~1pm. Got lunch(gyro and fries) on the way home, and I'm still not all that hungry. Might just have some yogurt or something for dinner.

Cuts heat buildup.

A wire got jerked loose?
Will the mechanic not find what they broke?
Probably very few wires from the thermometer (wherever that is), to your dashboard guage.
What was he working on?
Black top is a plus here in winter it melts snow. My driveway is on a gentle south facing slope and any snow 2" or less on a sunny day will melt on sub freezing day.

Give him a call, Cory...he might be able to suggest where the problem might have occurred, what to look for...or he might just deny any possibility that he had anything to do with it.

Either answer will tell you much about him ;).

Is that good Sean? I'm not sure :^D

I have a friend with a rental property I helped him with. Made me realize I don't want a rental property :^D

Putting in a full season cover crop on our organic summer fallow.

It will help build the soil, compete with weeds, provide forage for the cattle and wildlife. Also provide cover for critters.

It will feed the soil biology as well.

Plus....if it goes like the last few years....it will hold the soil down.

Soil erosion is the big problem with organic that no one wants to talk about.

That looks like some big time farming Jim good luck with the cover crop.

My little hay field is getting beat to death by rain here this spring. It's overripe now and ready to go just can't get a stretch without rain. Crazy wet stretch of weather here which is starting to get to me. Might as well be living on the coast.

Back