How'd it go today?

Worked on my mates blanket box today and cleaned up the workshop a bit. Got a electric fencing job to do on sunday for friends that are letting me ride there horse.

Attachments

• IMG_20200403_182802.jpg
    IMG_20200403_182802.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20200403_182749.jpg
    IMG_20200403_182749.jpg
    7.4 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20200409_204556.jpg
    IMG_20200409_204556.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20200403_185052.jpg
    IMG_20200403_185052.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 1
Droped in for a visit after work and had my Nikon camera so took a few photos for them and got some for myself. Going to be using one of there horses to practice my vaulting on.

Attachments

• DSC_0877.JPG
    DSC_0877.JPG
    446.7 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC_0874.JPG
    DSC_0874.JPG
    521.8 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC_0870.JPG
    DSC_0870.JPG
    432.4 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC_0865.JPG
    DSC_0865.JPG
    457.5 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC_0857.JPG
    DSC_0857.JPG
    519.8 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC_0855.JPG
    DSC_0855.JPG
    547.6 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC_0882.JPG
    DSC_0882.JPG
    424.2 KB · Views: 5
Up all night figuring out some guitar parts.

Hit the Store at 6am. Staff was instructing customers at the door :|: everyone but me wearing masks, gloves, spraying stuff down.
Arrows telling me to go the wrong way down all the isles I use (can't get there from here, haha!)
Cashier laid a loaf of bread on the scanner & started bagging up stuff...It rang up 32 loaves of bread before she got it to stop :lol: Then she needed help to clear the charges...I think she was kinda new...very flustered and couldn't stop apologising...I had no problem with it...I was getting free entertainment!
Got about 1/2 of what I planned on (shelves 'bout 1/2 empty) but I'm set for a couple months easy if I have to be.

Been taking about a week break from playing music, but last night felt good & I'm inspired, so thinking on going back into hibernation/music mode.

Talked to Boss in FL and he's thinking of flying up and turning on water & electric to the buildings...good sign I may still have a job this Summer...we'll see...

We have had a phone conduit crew on our place for over a month drilling and such. Nice new kit. Fiber optic stuff undergeound. Expansion for future phones as well.
It is a source of amusement. Stuff sits inactive for like a week. Then horrible weather and they show up to work in it.
More kit arrived this week. Brand new back hoe. A bob cat tracked loader.......
More work commenced, including fixing the property tgey rutted up in raining torrents and hail storms.
I pulled up to get the mail yesterday afternoon when i got home. I was approached by one of the lead guys. Wanted to know if we saw anything last night. Apparently, that new backhoe was driven off. Tracks disappearing down the centerline after it threw the mud off. All we know is that it went thattaway........

Found a cool old bottle today. Stepped into the woods to go back to a control point, and saw a bottle on the ground. I almost kicked it cause it looked so new, but then I saw the top, and thought "Huh...". Turn it over with my foot, and it's embossed. I'm still not convinced cause it looks so new, but everything I'm looking at says old bottle. I've never seen a bottle that looked so clean and fresh. Just looked it up, and the brewery existed from 1889-1902. Don't know if it perhaps continued longer at different bottlers, cause it's a New York company, but this was bottled in Baltimore. Some of the pictures I've found online show a more modern pop top cap, but I don't know when they started being used. Here's the bottle I found on a piece of ash, but it's hard to see...

IMG_20200410_175541.jpg

here's a pic of the label I found online with the embossing highlighted...

bartholomay02.jpg

Anyway, I'm pleased. Weird find.

Cool find but I curse the drunk who tossed it into the woods so many years ago.
By me there is a lake that has and had a huge marshy area that was a landfill many many years ago and old shoes and bottles still surface every now and again.

Cool find but I curse the drunk who tossed it into the woods so many years ago.
I've been thinking about this. I kinda like finding old trash in the woods. It goes from being garbage to being interesting at some point, but I'm not sure exactly where that point is. I was also thinking, we aren't leaving any cool treasures for our descendants. Modern trash sucks. Plastic bottles, thin plain glass with a paper label, and no distinguishing characteristics, electronics... Seems like things really started changing in the late 60s. I'll find an old dump from that era, poke around, and come up empty. Before that, you might find an embossed bottle, or a painted label that somehow made it through time relatively unscathed, heavy metal tools that are still somewhat usable, and have a certain aesthetic... Seems like people cared more back in the day. They put a little art into everything. Now it's cheap, functional, and disposable; not much worth hanging on to.

Then we'll sing, we'll sing,
We'll sing of Lydia Pinkham,
Savior of the human race.
How she makes, she bottles,
She sells her vegetable compound,
And the papers publish her face.

Widow Brown, she had no children,
Though she loved them very dear,
So she took, she swallowed, she gargled
Some vegetable compound,
And now she has them twice a year.

Willie Smith had peritonitis,
And he couldn't piss at all,
So he took, he swallowed, he gargled
Some vegetable compound,
And now he's a human waterfall.

Mrs. Jones had rotten kidneys;
Poor old lady couldn't pee,
So she took, she swallowed, she gargled
Some vegetable compound,
And now they pipe her out to sea.

Geraldine, she had no breastworks,
And she couldn't fill her blouse,
So she took, she swallowed, she gargled,
Some vegetable compound,
And now they milk her with the cows.

Arthur White had been castrated
And had not a single nut,
Some vegetable compound,
And now they hang all 'round his butt.

Billy Black lacked hair on his balls,
And his pecker wouldn't peck,
Some vegetable compound,
Now it's as long as a gy-raffe's neck.

Progress! :thumbup:

Wow, took a fiddle workshop last night and had a guitar & fiddle lesson this afternoon. Amazed at what I learn in a small amount of time spent with this guy.

It's rare to run into someone who is both a top notch musician and a gifted instructor as well. I know two of them now.

Had a couple good check-up chats on the phone with some old friends.

Stayed up all last night playing & listening to music...planning on hitting the sack early tonight...:sleep:

Being a good teacher is hard. I don't think people give good teachers enough credit. It doesn't matter how well you can do $thing if you can't convey it to others.

I bought a fiddle a few years ago to round out my old timey instrument skills. Play banjo and guitar already, figured , it's got strings, probably not wildly different. I was wrong.

Always sounded like I was murdering cats. Never was able to get over the initial hurdle of tone. Been sitting for over a year now

Any suggestions on how to start learning fiddle?

aAIxTc5.jpg

Back