How'd it go today?

wife and I are renewing our first aid tickets today, off to the st johns ambulance office in north vancouver, seeya after supper!

Man, today sucked!!!!! Slept, but still tired!!! I was laying in bed and sneezed, heard a "POP" and my right side started hurting like a big dog!!! This was about four, it just got worse!!!! I called the Doc, again (already had an apointment for tommorow afternoon for the flu crap).
They think it's either a pulled muscle or a hernia but I should make it through the night.
JOY!!!!!!!!!
Thank goodness the wife had some painkillers, otherwise no way I could sleep!!!
Maybe it will go away in my sleep:)

slept all day? Gosh, I feel your pain. Usually when I sleep all day my body hurts too. I hope you get better.:P

I woke up with a boner if that makes you feel better

I went and rented a stump grinder from United REntals today because the motor on mine is acting up. On the way back I get an emergency call and go and get a broken branch out of a tall cypress tree. I go give an estimate for a regular job and now it is getting to be after 2:00. So I go home and the stump grinder as usual had really worn teeth so I replaced all of those and changed the chipper blades and took in my 046 which won't idle for crap. I didn't get much done but I'm ready for tomorrow.

Stump teeth suck to replace, especially on the job when the impact gun is not available.

Day started at 1:30am, yes a.m. I plowed for about 12-13 hrs today and they're calling for more snow tonight. Hot damn, I feel like a kid again I'm so excited about the snow.:D

Day started at 1:30am, yes a.m. I plowed for about 12-13 hrs today and they're calling for more snow tonight. Hot damn, I feel like a kid again I'm so excited about the snow.:D

i want in on some of that fun! and mon-eigh

Pretty retarded huh? Not new teeth, but sharpened teeth. The ones that were on there were IMO too dull to sharpen.
are you gonna put the dull ones back or just let em have it? not retarded, a dull grinder sucks! at least they arnt new!

I went and rented a stump grinder from United REntals today because the motor on mine is acting up. On the way back I get an emergency call and go and get a broken branch out of a tall cypress tree. I go give an estimate for a regular job and now it is getting to be after 2:00. So I go home and the stump grinder as usual had really worn teeth so I replaced all of those and changed the chipper blades and took in my 046 which won't idle for crap. I didn't get much done but I'm ready for tomorrow.

Steve. you suffer from not giving yourself credit.

Think about it;

You bid a job, rented a piece of equipment, did a small job, did a bid, replaced stump grinder teeth, AND THEN replaced the knives on your chipper!
AND THEN YOU SAY YOU DIDN'T GET MUCH DONE!
:O

WTF are you complaining about exactly?!!

8 hour st john ambulance course today, 25/25 on my test at the end AND I was done in like 6 minutes. next one to hand in was at least 5 mins later. Wife got 20/25 so she passed as well, good to go for level 1 first aid with CPR for a couple years.
:D now home to work the phones and drum up some work.
Dentist tomorrow, small filling, my first in like 15 years :( and a pruning seminar for a local garden club tomorrow night.

Just been real busy lately. Haven't had much time to check in here at the House.

Going to a tree Shindid tomorrow. Will take some pics & post them when I get a chance.
I am very beat up,tired & I dont think my shoulders will ever be the same. I need 3-4 days of doing nothing to get back to being myself......LATER ALL!

Ha I aced that same exam earlier this year, me and another guy tied for first done and both aced it. I think he was cheating off of me :/: .

Congrats!

Squashy... thats cool yo, apparently we were the last class to go through without having the AED (auto electric defib) device included in our course and cert. but we did get to watch the vid about it.
* CLEAR * !!
:D

Yah in our course it wasn't required I think but the instructor took us through it anyways and had a training model there that we got to mess around with.

Slayed a bad leaner. One of the largest wid cherry trees I ever been in took me 1.5 hrs to rope it down. Tried out this new company contract climbing been in business for 20 and said he had never seen a speed line. He did ok. Had him smoke the tires on a new holland 180 with grapple forks to pull the stubb. Even with smoking the tires on the new holland the stub would not go until I cut my back cut to about 1/2 inch (whats in my picks on the climbing thread). Ya'll say my notches are to thin which they may be but smoking the tires on a bobcat was new to me.I tried it out but I couldn't increase the thickness of my holding strip. Anyways all turned out well.
Paul B you will probably remain a tree authoring noob to me for I'd say another 5 years.

He wants to call me a troll Bodean so Ill call him a noob, get it. Besides I was posting to this thread before the treehouse existed.

OK????????????????????????????????

Anyway:
I went to work, I hurt like a SOB all day, but got in eight and a half. Could have stayed longer but Bubba was throwing up at the sitters, so I had to get him ASAP!!!
Went to see the Doc., I have an ear infection (no shock) and I pulled my right rib muscles, never knew you could do that by sneezing, but......................

Speaking of Docs, I wonder how Butch is fairing???????????

Back