How'd it go today?

Ended up waking up early and getting around to take the chipper for a ride in the country. Got to the site and none of the help showed up. Couldn't even get in the locked gate. (It's at a local gun club) so we decided to go home and relax. Maybe go hunting a little later.

That sucks Nic. I had that happen yesterday but the circumstances were completely understandable. It was just me on a donated job for the local FD. A couple of dead ash. I made a phone call and the Lt sent one guy out to make sure I stayed alive.

I've got a two night/three day horseback trip in the works here. Me and one other guy. Been years since I've headed out on my own(without the family) to do something like this. I'm sure looking forward to some long days in the saddle. About three weeks out, day after my kiddo heads back to school.

My rope horse is down and out for the long count now. Stall rest and maybe start him under saddle again in October. Or I might just leave him off until spring. I'm not feeling confident he's going to ever rope again. But we'll see.

I'll be taking my half Arab beast on the trip. He's a real good horse now for me. He was to much horse for me back when he was bucking my ass off, but now I own him pretty easily. And with near daily riding he's seeing now he's really going nice.

Starboy.
image.jpg

Sounds like fun Justin.

Why not take your rifle and make an Elk hunt out of it?

Thats the best way to hunt elk.

We are getting ready to head out to the lake. Taking the boat and the camper. Three nice days coming up, kids will have fun at least.

First trip off the farm for more than one night all year. School starts in a few days, so we better get going.

Come on over if you get the chance! Fresno lake, north central Montana. Its ugly as a mud fence, but gets the job done.

That does sound like fun Jim, hope you and the family have a great time.

No hunting, I may take a rod though and see if I can finally kill a fish. Just more to have a look see around.

He was to much horse for me back when he was bucking my ass off, but now I own him pretty easily.
They only let us think that Justin, they can kill us pretty much whenever they want too. Sounds like a fun trip. Just take a pan and your fishing rod, the fish'll be easy to kill and taste wonderful.

Yah they can. I respect them, but without the firm belief that you are in charge, you aren't. So I keep a good bluff up at all times.

I'm no fishermen like yourself Ray. I could very well starve. It's not a pack trip or anything. Camping at a lake out of the horse trailer, ride out each day from camp. I'm looking forward to getting away a few days, still the same.

Did 3 hours at the golf course this morning trying to get something done, but the rain we've had has everything too wet.

Came home and got about an hour of string trimming in before my back gave out. Set down the trimmer hoping to loosen back up a bit and couldn't bend down to pick it back up...barely made it into the house, called next door to have my nephew bring the trimmer back to the garage.

Guess I'll rest for today and try it again tomorrow. I've done the place twice so fat since the mower broke. figures it would rain a bunch and the grass is growing like crazy now. Hope I can get back at it tomorrow; haven't lost any of the place yet but it's getting close.

Nice get together Willard.

Just looking at the headstones, was it 1898 or 1893 that your grandmother was born? The new one is different to the old one.

Did 3 hours at the golf course this morning trying to get something done, but the rain we've had has everything too wet.

Came home and got about an hour of string trimming in before my back gave out. Set down the trimmer hoping to loosen back up a bit and couldn't bend down to pick it back up...barely made it into the house, called next door to have my nephew bring the trimmer back to the garage.

Guess I'll rest for today and try it again tomorrow. I've done the place twice so fat since the mower broke. figures it would rain a bunch and the grass is growing like crazy now. Hope I can get back at it tomorrow; haven't lost any of the place yet but it's getting close.

Want me to load up a mower and Trevier and come help ya Dave? Could probably claim it all back in a few hours. (George does have that new zero turn)

Yah they can. I respect them, but without the firm belief that you are in charge, you aren't. So I keep a good bluff up at all times.
That's exactly what I told a non-riding friend on a back country hunt whose eyes looked bigger than the wild-eyed pack horse he was attempting to mount. I said;"treat him like you do your wife and you'll be fine". He changed horses.

Shop day, rain and wind. Did a couple pumps and an electric clutch. Changed air filter on thr f350 yesterday, fired it up today to get ready for a clean up tomorrow, blew the belt.

IMG_20160816_133606.jpg

That's exactly what I told a non-riding friend on a back country hunt whose eyes looked bigger than the wild-eyed pack horse he was attempting to mount. I said;"treat him like you do your wife and you'll be fine". He changed horses.

Lol.

Last night I was practicing roping on star boy, throwing on a dummy pulled by a quad. He was all sketched out and dancing sideways and getting way it of position so I was swinging, and swinging, and swinging, and riding, and swinging, and finally I swung the rope and caught it on his damn Arab tail. Had a momen of 'who's really in charge here' as he bucked my ass a few times and I laid the legs and kisses to him to move him on from it. :D. I knew I was really getting loose when my wife came by and said 'better you than me'. Lol.

Today I threw a ton of bales. Well a few tonne actually. I had a really good second cut which sets me up nicely for the year now and keeps my feed costs down too. Best year for hay since we've been here.

My yellow horse is being kept quiet and he got literally kicked while he's down yesterday. In the face by another horse. He's got a good sized gash and a giant goose egg from it. Poor guy can't catch a break.

Back