How'd it go today?

A friend of my father's called up in a panic last month. Apparently someone stole his tractor and hay rake. He called back in the morning to say that he had forgotten that he had moved it to another field the day before, but not before he had filed a police report and told everyone he knew.

I did something about like that, once. It was kinda funny after I got over the initial shock!

I sat on the side of the highway from 8 am till 1:30 waiting on a semi-wrecker to tow the elevator in. A linkage on the clutch let go and when the bearing sprung loose it played all kinds of havoc in the tranny. It's now 4 and I just got all my gear unloaded on shelves to see what tomorrow brings.

My neighbor's donkeys have been acting up lately. Some mornings they wake me up and I think the house is surrounded by friggin sand people.

Fuel starvation... Trying the lift pump first... then double checking the solenoid at the injector pump.... Replace if it looks like it failed... double check the relay to the solenoid.....

Still slow, expecting very hot weather up here, no one seems to want any work done.

Stopped off at some boxes at the side of the road in Simcoe, just had to, had some tools and good lengths of various pipes and tubing, and these short lengths of chain. GF always scowls at me when I pick things up she doesn't see a use for. Meh. Free temporary solution for my cover.

Had a crematorium pick up a large repaired fan this morning. Guess I was the second to last stop for 2 people on their voyage into the after life. :O

IMG_20160811_102811.jpg

My 2nd cutting of hay is hitting the ground! Nice and early is fantastic for us because then we can turn the horses out on the field and save on feed. Also gives me a good few weeks to run irrigation water over it before it gets turned off mid sept.

It's supplied irrigation water. Through the municipality. It runs until sept 15th or the closest weekday afterwards every year.

Its not treated water though, is it? What river do you get your water out of?

Our irrigation water comes out of Canada, through the St. Mary's diversion. Milk River valley.

After a complicated system of pulleys and levers, it is supplied through canals, ditches and laterals.

It's untreated but is supplied from the same intake source as the domestic treated water which is Aberdeen lake/reservoir where I'm at. The municipality also draws from creeks and wells.

It's supplied to my property at two different points with 2" pipe at about 90psi.

Haha! My dad used to find tool like that too.

Generally after complaining that they were missing. They would appear in his tool box, or on the bench.

Never figured out who put them there.......:/:

Alright, it was me.

My Dad was named Alden. We use to joke the his tools had "Al's Hammer" disease...they just couldn't seem to find their way home...

There was a sketchy little birch too, but I didn't get any of it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vZLS7GyUX0Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13988906_1108112655891341_393981031_n.jpg

Got the call ok on the job to remove four trees on a steep ravine above a raging river behind a second home. Damn, I'm not coughing. I'm thinking crane over the roof if it can get in.

Back