How'd it go today?

Easyish day, pine, willow, poplar dismantles. Home for three, tea, biscuits, sleep on the sofa, then a couple down the pub.
Been a good week, weather is kind, back is fixed, work is steady, no complaints.

Good to hear your back is back in working order, Mick.
That back pain shit can really cramp your style.

I got there this morning, got in the tree and got ahold of the big sow and after I got her in the bag the people "rescuing" them said they only take young ones and they hadn't been told the mom was still there. So I let her go again and was given $25 for my time. When asked if they could call for future animal catches I told them no. Kinda outraged about the refusal to pay what was quoted

Take it as a cheap lesson in the value of good wording on a signed contract, as well as an open-ended compensation for your efforts.

Next time, consider, first leave the coons alone unless you're really well-equipped, and charge to be well-equipped. Its not worth all the problems if you get bit. I will only go after a person's cat, not strays, anymore. You can track down vaccination records. Then a mileage charge, and an hourly rate, with a minimum charge. Signed.

$.02

Take it as a cheap lesson in the value of good wording on a signed contract, as well as an open-ended compensation for your efforts.

Next time, consider, first leave the coons alone unless you're really well-equipped, and charge to be well-equipped. Its not worth all the problems if you get bit. I will only go after a person's cat, not strays, anymore. You can track down vaccination records. Then a mileage charge, and an hourly rate, with a minimum charge. Signed.

$.02

When I've retrieved cats it's been for nothing, they're people's pets they love them as much as I love my dog (that's a lot)
We never talked about price, if it went well I'll ask them for €50.

Good deal Peter, hope the work rolls in now.

The sort of people who run a coon shelter may have never intended to pay full price.

Sometimes those sorts a screwballs. Yep, make hats. Peter would look good in a coon skin cap with his wooden pants.

Good to hear Mick.

FFZ, awesome shop!!

Nic, you went up in a tree and grabbed a big raccoon? Sucks they shafted you on the money but tell us a little more about the in-tree action, that sounds radical.

Actuality it was quite bland. Welding gloves, couple hooded sweatshirts, and a borrowed motorcycle helmet. Got there real early, the hole was only 15-20 feet up. Looked in saw a tail, grabbed hold and pulled it out. Thing was sleeping so hard that once it's head was in the bag it just about dove to the bottom. Really didn't need all the safety that I had. Was kind of expecting a bit more excitement

Whoah, sending a message!

Glad the action part worked out well for ya, Nic. Takes cahones to grab a coon tail in a tree hollow.

I screwed up,forgot one set of air filters on my geothermal heat pump and ran the discharge temp up to 140-145 degrees and"slugged" the compressor .Chit ! Worse part is I installed the thing,entire system and just had a brain fart .

Called two companies,one got back with me but said it was too complicated another didn't respond at all --fork em.Compressor coming via flea bay .I got the rest of the stuff to do it already.Line filters,freon,vacuum pump,silver solder etc .Borrowed a reclaimer and nitrogen purge system .Nobody holds old Al hostage over stuff like this .--mumble grumble---;)

"Too complicated" these days often means that something isn't on the computer. No reasoning ability if it isn't on a screen in front of you, except with tree work and a few other jobs.

Purge/clean the lines best as possible before soldering, clean that gunk out. I always install inline filter. Don't forget the oil!

What refrigerant? R22?

Back