How'd it go today?

100 for a cat is okay, if the cat wants to come out of the tree. 100 for a wild animal that has no intention of cooperating, and has not has vaccinations like a lot of cats, way too little, IMO.

I could not agree more...'twas my first reaction to reading that price being floated. Triple that , in the very least. Really, in truth I wouldn't even bid that job...maybe like Butch proposed...priced afterward, though it might get hard to get your money when the price you might decide on is over the moon :).

Some of y'all may remember some of my stories of climbing to "verify" observed/potential red tree vole nests in order to make logging plans to accommodate the requirements to manage this species on Federal lands. I'll tell you, a little varmint the size of a gerbil can make havoc beyond belief.

I've dealt with raccoons on several occasions, on the ground. No way I want any part of one aloft.

The "rescuers" thought they were coming to get a couple little orphan kits, the property owner wanted them evicted because of fear for their pets. It was a mess. Never again is all I have to say about it. We hand raised critters when I was growing up, everything from skunks, coons, oposum, squirrels, and woodchuck to deer, fox, and even a coyote once. When they reach a certain age they turn 7 different kinds of wild and you get bit and scratched and fight them into a cage and relocate them. Critters..... Save them in the spring and summer, hunt them in the fall and winter.

Whats a wild animal, who climbs trees no less, need rescuing in the wild for any way?

Did you get up close and personal with a vole Burnham?

Inside my shirt, twice in fact.

But the chipmunk that had taken over a vole nest and insisted in running up my pants leg was the worst, no question.

Tied in twice never made so much sense :D.

Purge/clean the lines best as possible before soldering, clean that gunk out. I always install inline filter. Don't forget the oil!

What refrigerant? R22?
I've got an inline suction plus an oversized pressure line filter .R22 .Tecumseh 4 ton compressor .I think it was one of those"made to spec"deals because an exact match was hard to find .I did find several that were about 1400 BTU less which would have worked but I held out until I found the right one .I hope the danged thing comes with oil .If not that's another thing I need .

It's going to be a pain in the neck because of the tight space .With any luck most of the joints can be soldered with Stay Brite 8 but one or two I might have to silver braze .

If I can save it this isn't going to happen again .I've got a Magnehelic/Dwyer differential pressure gauge to install which I should have done when I installed this thing.It was one of those I'll do it later that never got done,a thousand dollar mistake .

If I can't save it out it goes .I'll replace it with an air to air unit 3.5-4 ton 14 seer . .The geo has been a pain the butt .

I managed to flunk the climbing test for the arborist certification for the second time today.

Not because I can't climb,or didn't have CE marked gear, but because I got in a fight with the censor.

They stuck me with a guy I simply can't stand. A little gnomish neo-hippie type who traips around in the woods barefoot and collects birch sap, which he sells to yogic/vegan/whatever restaurants.

You can imagine how well a hard core logger and a neo hippie can communicate, right.

He started out telling me and the guy doing the groundie exam that he didn't want us to talk to each other, then flunks me for not giving enough instructions to the groundie.

Complains that my SRT system is non lowerable, then when I told him to shut the F up, since I sent a written question last year about whether it was mandatory and was told it isn't, he starts talking in circles about how one should and could do it anyway.
So I told him that I probably knew more about lowerable systems than he did, but since it wasn't mandatory, the question was moot.

He talked and talked in circles about all kind of crap for so long that when I finally got into the tree, most of the allotted time was gone and I had to hustle.
Had one more branch to prune, on the opposite side of the canopy when they tell me I have 1½ minutes left.
So I simply swing through the canopy, run out the branch and make it on time, only to be told that the swing was " uncontrolled"

Finally they flunked me for not vocalizing enough about what I was doing and why, so I told then I was under the impression that I was doing a climbing test, not a fuggen talk show, and if they wanted me to "vocalize" why the F not simply say so instead of leaving it to me to guess what they wanted from me.

All in all it didn't end well.

I'll make a formal complaint tomorrow and most likely have another try in Germany or England.

Sorry for the rant, I just had to get it out of the system.

Man, I haven't been this pissed off for years.:X

I'm glad they don't live here, tough, resourceful, clever bastids.

Plenty of then im Northern France, though.
Give them time and they'll be on your doorstep, too.

Germany is totally overrun with them, only reason we don't have them is the "Rabies belt" across the German/Danish border where all migrating mammals ( Except bats, too hard to hit!) are killed by gas or bullet, to keep Scandinavia rabies free.

Shame Stig. I'd just pour yourself a glass of wine & remember you don't have to speak to or work with the guy again & save your agrssion for a well constructed complaint. Life's too short to be wound up by retards. Trust me, my temper leaves me wound up far too much to be healthy.

Plenty of then im Northern France, though.
Give them time and they'll be on your doorstep, too.

Germany is totally overrun with them, only reason we don't have them is the "Rabies belt" across the German/Danish border where all migrating mammals ( Except bats, too hard to hit!) are killed by gas or bullet, to keep Scandinavia rabies free.

I never knew that (that they lived in France)

The next dog will have to be bigger!

I went and picked my motorcycle up from my mechanic after getting home.
It is a 3/4 hour drive.
Going through the semi dark with my new Denali lights soon had me smiling again.:)

The I got a call from a climbing buddy who ran into the same asshole today and got flunked for more or less the same reason I did.
That soured my mood some.

My mechanic was so impressed with the lights that he made me getting him a set from the US part of the price for this years maintenance.

We've got huge raccoons ,I mean like 25 pounds and up to maybe 30 pounds .Fact I have one who somehow managed to survive from being a orphaned kit .Tiny little fuzz ball 5 years ago.big old boar now .I set bones out on a log for him every so often

in addition there is a resident ground hog who lives under my shed .Obviously a male because I never see any little ones .I think he's the perp that ate the leaves off my cucumbers a few years back .Both are somewhat tame around me but I keep a distance from them .Either one of them could tear you up if cornered .

Dang Stig. Never seen u so enojado.

Took the family to the beach....actually wife took us and made reservations.
d6a3fd993acc426230e6d97e922ba17a.jpg

Back