How'd it go today?

SMH head here too. If an insurance company contracts a FULL SERVICE tree company, for clean up, then what would be expected?!?!? What's the mindset? 70% clean up??

The yakuza will collect from unpaying customers, but giving them half is pretty standard. I guess you can figure in how much the customer peeing in their pants is also your compensation in the deal.

POS like that are, well, POS.

I'd be so tempted to leave him a note and picture of the family so he knew who he was stealing from. F'A.Hole.

I dunno. I woulda escalated it a bit myself. As I understand the letter of the law if he didn't pay you to remove the debris/chips then technically by taking them away that is theft. And conversely you should've been well within your rights to leave them on site. I'd a dumped that truck in no time if he was going to welch on the deal.

Now I feel pissed! Shake my head? No. I'd have been shaking my fists about. What a lowlife POS.

Seriously I'd have dumped those chips in a manner that didn't block his driveway or garage but was a big ugly pile of debris in his yard or side of the driveway. When the cops called I'd claim a misunderstanding and ask if the customer had any paperwork stating they would be removed? No? Ok then what's the problem?

They're out there alright.
Annoying, but you did the right thing.

I have to disagree with this. By that POS getting away with it has only encouraged him to continue screwing people.

Imo it's not the right thing to have done. A man looked you in the eye and made an accord and then welched on it?

Seriously, I'm burning right now and it has nothing to do with me. Lol.

Sure enough, went back and bang that out. Their insurance company said they would not pay anything for debris.
I had written it up as $750 to clear the structures and $500 to haul debris. Sudden service.
The insurance guy said no on the debris and so they were kind of bummed that they were going to be stuck with it and asked me if they could pay me a reduced rate for the debris. I said OK I will take $300 off and chip it for $200.
Told the guys to do it. They had to go dump the truck first to have room otherwise they would have just come straight over and thrown into a pile. I roll up as it's about completed and ask him for the 200. He says we have no written agreement. Let me see what the paperwork says.
The argument ensued, I said OK you have me there on the paperwork but, I looked him in the eye, "we had an agreement, I stood right here and talked to you about this."
He told me the guys had it done before he can OK it with them. I said,
"OK then let me just be at your mercy for any amount of compensation for doing free work for you." he talked about his mom having Alzheimer's and him not having anyone to squeeze for the money.
I said, "OK then I guess you'll just squeeze me then huh?"
I left there not respecting that dirtbag and as I pulled away, he pulled away in a late model Jag.

He should move to Victoria. He'd fit right in. He's probably watched your vids, and was consumed by jealousy. F....n T...t. I know you don't like swearing, but that's what he is.

I've told more than one custy, "when the jobs done is not the time to try to re-negotiate.....it's the time to pay up."

Thanks, yes I've gotten worked up about it every time I've retold the story since yesterday. I'm getting worked up again now. Truth is I actually enjoy cussing but try not to do it.
I should have been more careful, I could tell that they were salivating like mad at an opportunity for an insurance claim which meant their entitlement philosophy could end up hurting me. Sure enough..

I used to bug the hell out of non payers. If I could not sleep or woke up early, I'd either ring or text them. In the end all but a few paid as it made there life a lot easier :lol:

Work cancelled today, so went out fishing on the local resovoir for the first time this season. Very happy with a couple of nice trout

Next time August - unless you want a pic of the guts bag in the bin, or them in the freezer :lol:
Although I have been on Stillwater today, I can't wait for the rivers to open again early April

Picture is of the Yorkshire Esk last Autumn, fishing for Atlantic salmon & sea trout

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    321 KB · Views: 38
The yakuza will collect from unpaying customers, but giving them half is pretty standard. I guess you can figure in how much the customer peeing in their pants is also your compensation in the deal.

Ok, a wacky but hopefully fun, random question for Jay: Who is more bad ass, the yakuza among humans or giant asian wasps among insects. Or maybe straight up head to head, probably the wasps, cuz they don't even care about money, just respect....

Jay being the resident expert on both.

Tough question, Cory, but I have to say that the gang is a greater confrontation risk. A good shot of carb cleaner would be effective on both, hopefully in the eyes against the yakuza, but where the wasp just does a few death tremors and shrivels up, the yakuza is going to recover and likely become more animated, perhaps bring his friends with their baseball bats. Recovery time from a wasp sting is about a long week, with the yakuza you might not make it back. Also the wasps will sting and then just fly off, where the gang will often continue to be unpleasant for prolonged periods, something that they are well known for, sometimes also to family members. Wasps are only seasonal as well. With both you are pretty much on your own, there are very few that would want to get involved to help. Not a fun choice, but I'll take the wasps.

Hahahaha, great answer!

" A good shot of carb cleaner would be effective on both," Hahaha!

Back