How'd it go today?

It looks like from here a slam dunk to back up to. I am a master backer upper though. Chipping downhill is always better. Chock the wheels after backing the tray right into the LZ.

Rather than loading into a truck could you lay out a sling to choke a big pile of limbs and drag them down the hill with the truck. A lot of wear on a sling ( or old piece of rigging line) but saves the step of loading into the truck.

Reg you got a 135' spar down in an afternoon? Damn i felt good getting a 90' spar down in 7 hours yesterday. You're the man. That's why I look up to you

It looks like from here a slam dunk to back up to. I am a master backer upper though. Chipping downhill is always better. Chock the wheels after backing the tray right into the LZ.

It's tight Justin, otherwise I wouldn't have posted. The trucks a standard shift also.....so I can't be messing around going back forward to make corrections.

Yes August, front receiver would be the ticket.

Reg you got a 135' spar down in an afternoon? Damn i felt good getting a 90' spar down in 7 hours yesterday. You're the man. That's why I look up to you

Getting fast at that kind if rigging is a lot about economy of movement and repetition. Figuring out a system and sticking with it. There's a lot if time savings to be learnt even in such a small sequence of steps.

It's tight Justin, otherwise I wouldn't have posted. The trucks a standard shift also.....so I can't be messing around going back forward to make corrections.

Yes August, front receiver would be the ticket.

I get that sort of. Surely doing this work for so long, tight is par for the course. Either it fits or it doesn't. 4low should be good to go unless you've got high axle gearing.

A front receiver might make a wise investment, if you've got two weeks to get it installed.

Are the limbs too long to speedline down the driveway?

Renting a mini would solve a lot of that problem. Just forward it down to the chipper. Logs would also be a non issue.
There's no money for that. It's priced tight. I haul the stuff down there with the truck if it comes to it.....but thatd be an hour lost.

A front receiver might make a wise investment, if you've got two weeks to get it installed.

Are the limbs too long to speedline down the driveway?

I'm thinking that too Sean, about the receiver. I do have 2 weeks. I'm glad I posted because that thought had just not occurred to me or would likely have.

They'd be too much sway in the limbs to zip them down the drive....and being that far to the bottom adds time in set up and difficulty communicating.

No part of the job is a real headscratcher....but I just need to make sure it's done in the day.

Yeah, none of it is a big deal.....but it's priced to the wire, so there just can't be any fcuk ups.....like the guys being late for example.

You'll have two groundies? Packing limbs into and then back out of a truck to then chip again sucks. I've done it before but very seldomly. It looks like a tough spot to rig it all down and leave no divets. What's your plan for the last bit? Negative block it down to the bitter end?

You'll have two groundies? Packing limbs into and then back out of a truck to then chip again sucks. I've done it before but very seldomly. It looks like a tough spot to rig it all down and leave no divets. What's your plan for the last bit? Negative block it down to the bitter end?

Yeah Ill rig all the chunks down to the last 8 feet. About two and half hours id say.

Back