How'd it go today?

I stripped out a dead ash for a nieghbor today. First ash I've done in a long time that wasn't from EAB. Lightning struck over a year ago. It was in the middle of his front yard and could've been dropped any direction but I wanted to give a solo zip line a try. It went good for the first 8-10 slings but once one didn't land right it went to hell. I ended up abandoning that plan and cut away. Took a bit over an hour. Moved a bunch of stuff around at the house and tilled the garden under. Finally after dinner we built an elaborate track for Thomas the tank engine.

personal day...late breakfast in town, registered truck title and ordered plates at SoS, visited with my sister for a bit, then with a couple close friends, and did some listening/study of some material for a gig on Sat

...heading out pretty soon with my Bass to jam with some guys at a coffee shop about 100 mi from here. :lol: glad I worked trees this weekend so I can support my music playing this week...if I break even on gas I'll call it a success! Thursdays show should pay good...hopefully enough to cover today and Sat.:|:

well...I was just getting ready to leave for up North when the two youngsters I am playing with Sat. show up for practice...He messaged me..."We're on our way" when he left his house 10 minutes away:|: they showed up before I knew of the message...so we rehearsed for 45 minutes, then called it and I headed out for 100 mile drive to jam with some other guys for 1 1/2 hours and back home.

been a long day for not working...night all...

Might be the last days of tee shirt weather up here. . .

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FpGeKfYldNQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cheers.

Fevery D overnight. Broke, with some possible help of children's ibuprofen (fever reducer). Parking her on the couch with kids tv (Ella the Elephant is popular now), while I do some outdoor painting of window trim, while there is some dry, warmish weather.

After the new 22 y.o. didn't show up, I've decided to try Gary's (new guy of a few months) fiance. She helped with cleaning and moving, and has done a lot of laboring before. A bit out of shape from not working too much physically, lately, but she did a side job with him the other day, know saw-use basics, will be dependable. Helping her with a bit of work helps them both, financially, which reduces stress, which helps Gary, which helps me. Have to get my 361 operational again. She not a sup'ed 460 or 660 type of saw user.

Hope she gets feeling better soon.

knocked out a couple jobs by 1:00, got paid, and headed home, stopped to buy meat, cooked and ate meat...they should have the mess cleaned up just about now...

Nice vid Grendle. That looked like kind of a wolfy pine next to your tree. Uh, what lake is that. What is the water quality like?

Back