How'd it go today?

Dug out root flares from about two dozen ornamental trees today.

Didnt wanna do it so went big, he went for it. Just me, some tunes, two shovels, and a pick.

Sounds great B

A lot of good rain sentiments posted above!

Congrats!

Don't you guys monitor the weather reports, or they are inaccurate? There are a whole bunch of internet ones that I look at, but only one seems to pretty much get it right with the changes to expect every few hours. They aren't perfect, but pretty good. Of course our weather only comes from two directions primarilly, north or south.

Went in early, rushed to get the job done and didn't get any rain. Went and started a large pin oak removal and had to call it because of high winds. The trunk is five foot from the primaries and 8-10 from a transformer. So went over to check on one of the other crews and had to show them how to do it. The guy was up in the bucket doing the cut and throw bs on a decent sized silver maple. I asked why he wasn't rigging it out and he said it was to slow. I went up with a block and rope and kept 6 guys on a dead run for twenty minutes and left him with the wood to block down. My rope man was probably as pissed as I was because he told him " that's how it's done and you better have been paying attention because I'm tired of bailing you out". Finally get home after 12 hours and gotta go get a new float switch for the sump pump. Never a moments rest. Oh well tomorrow is another day in paridise

That's a long time alright. I remember when my son was born, the hospital didn't want to bother at all with my wife when she first started to go into labor. We are sitting out there on a bench in the reception area with her rolling around in pain and the kid is practically coming out, and every time I go to the window to suggest that she get put into a room, all the person can say is, "Yes yes". I had to raise my voice and practically throw a fit to get any action on the situation. A small hospital and apparently the storks were lined up wanting to come in for a landing.

You just started a big, wonderful adventure. My two grandboys (almost 9 and 4) are my best friends in the world. Good times ahead.

Ash removal today. I was in this tree all day. Not a huge tree but no drop zone. Almost everything came down on ropes. image.jpg image.jpg

Congrats treesmith! Looks good Page. Also think your paint job on your chipper has inspired me to redo mine!
Thanks man. Another local tree co decided last minute they did not have the ability to do it so it looked real good for us. Hope you have some warm days to paint the chipper. It was real nice when I started mine. Primer dried super fast. Then when I started on they green it got cold and damp and stayed like that for a bit. Took four days to dry. Oh well. It still looks a lot better

It was young Richard's birthday today. The big 3. He had a good time. His electric four wheeler comes tomorrow.

His grandfather (also named Richard) has a birthday tomorrow. He got to celebrate today too. I bought him a second year Model 70 Winchester in 30-06. It was trashed but my gunsmith and his craftsmen friends restored it wonderfully. I gave it to him in his dad's leather saddle scabbard. I think he was pretty moved.

Cool pictures Page 8)

Took out this white pine today for a contractor. Pretty stiff N.E. wind actually worked to our advantage with the top, but damn, it had me stressed out. Everything I let go would sail right into the windows, so it was rope rope rope.

DSC04116.JPG

Back