How'd it go today?

Worked on my own today... New guy is down south for a week, Erik is sick. Had the wraptor and Boxer, though.

Deadwooded some atlas blue and deodar cedars, good sized.

The Boxer has a low range meant for pushing hard. Creeps at low idle. Nice for loading and unloading with the chip truck.

Got some heavy cherry wood, thank you Boxer for holding it over the trailer while I knocked off rounds.

Good exposure working in the community park. Pepe like seeing the Boxer in action.

Dead pondos..
Felled, bucked, chipped removed.
12 ton of wood, 1 ton of chips.
Logs hauled home (not far)
Sorta of did not bust our butt, but got enough done.
Wood pile is getting bigger.

Unusually for me I'm off to work today (Saturday) climbing for my Dutch landscaping mate.
Dismantling some oaks and pines apparently. Weather looks good, I'll take the iPad and see what we see.

Just did a vehicle shuttle with the help of my neighbor from our jobsite 7 miles down the peninsula, since Erik was sick and stayed home yesterday.

In this case, I could have easily hitchhiked down to the end of the peninsula where the HOA is comprised of 550 homes. At least half the traffic, I'd guess, goes to the end of the line.

I am really starting to think about a moped, or tiny motorcycle that I could put up on the front bumper of my truck, or the hitch of my pick-up. Depending on employees is a challenge. Doing all the menial raking and chipping and bucking is worse.

Time to catch up on bids, maintenance, and work around the house.

The gravel deliver ended up 10' from the cones and signs, only 18000 pounds. Thankfully, there is an Ogre about, with a mulch bucket. Fill some low spots that puddle up, and reinforce the anti-sink into the muck gravel in my work area where I have a new parking spot.

Went and trimmed a pretty big pin oak this morning. Dead wood, slight limb lift, and some thinning on the tips. It was actually a nice change if pace from constant removals. Turned out gorgeous. Can't believe I'm admitting I liked pruning a pin oak. Afternoon was spent on 7 different trees doing nitpicking work. Just a handful of cuts on each but most needed roped down to avoid the lower level plantings. Walked in the house at sunset to grab a bite to eat and back out to light a small bonfire for the kids to roast marshmallows and hang out till bedtime. It was a great day.

I haven't cut a stick since July...........just been very busy settling into our new home in a new town. Converting a hot tub room into a 5th bedroom [for company ], finishing off the garage, getting the old work shop from back home settled in the back yard, fix ups everywhere.
Next spring will begin a new chapter in my tree service operation with lots of patient anticipation from the local town folk.:)

Been using the new HH setup, loving the ease in access and how far out I can now get. "Evicted" the first stages of a squirrel nest in the crotch of a walnut tree, between co-dominate trunks, I don't mind them out in branches, gets pretty mushy in the crotches, at least what I've seen around here. Seems to start rot very quickly.

Fixed the girlfriends furnace. Flame sensor needed cleaning again. I don't get it, natural gas is supposed to be clean burning, but it sure leaves sooty deposits. Then on to the girlfriends leaky gas lines, fixed one leak, caused another, under those darn rubber lined clamps. Break line didn't look too good, I'll have to fix that soon before the weather turns worse, so long as the girlfriend is nice to me.

I've came to the conclusion the best thing I could have done with that freakin Jeep is hoist the radiator cap and drive another under it .That SOB .

The carb was bad,got a new one ,ground the valves, fixed the ignition .Now all the sudden the dammed fuel pump goes bunkers on me .I'll order another one tommorrow I guess .:slam2:

Cutting tracks for machinery along waterways all day,
In pouring rain.

It just seems to be my particular weakness, when I played football it was always groin/hip issues.
Age and wear and tear I guess, it may be that I've only noticed it since my back got better!

A small oak removal and a flop all H.O. cleanup Changed chipper knifes
Some saw cleaning and done for the day.
Good help is hard to find, lazy youth end of rant or I'll work myself up yet again. Or work myself to death which is how I feel.

Happy thankgiving! Canada
happy Columbus Day USA
enjoying beer, pretzl and sweet chestnuts and then off to
Nannas for turkey
Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_20141013_155046.jpg
    IMG_20141013_155046.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 44
Threw in the towel and said fug it today..
If anything could have gone wrong it did. Just bull shit after bull shit delays.
So at 11 am .. Fug it. I ain't working.
Been up all night with back pain and was supposed to do some dead wooding. Bad plan.
SO I put a stop to the idiocy of the idea.
Fug it.

Eat some pills and forget about it till tomorrow.

I had to dispose of a psycho today that I hired. He slipped by my psycho radar and I brought him in for a day. He was crazy and had psychological problems and needed to get the hell out of my world faster then he entered it. That and I had a seized brake caliper on my chip truck then twisted a steel brake line taking it off the caliper. A brake line that was as easy to get as bald eagle eggs.

I'm good for that on occasion. If anyone's hiring I can send a real work horse their way. Keep pepper spray on your saddle and things will work great.

Sorry so many had a crappy day...

I'm a bit road weary but home safe and sound with no problems. It was a bit late so will drop chipper at job tomorrow instead of today.

Bid 3-4 days worth of work I don't really want. Not bad, just a bit far away - so bid accordingly - don't care if I get it or not...I've got plenty to do.

Stopped by to see an injured friend whose place I was going right by anyway. He had just gotten out of PT and seemed in an excellent mood. He can use his hand somewhat now (2 pound limit) after cutting the tendons with a power miter saw about 7 weeks ago.

Dead wooded some small live oaks and had some good fellowship with the HO. Super nice Christian guy, 60 years old, looks like he's 40. Got a couple more days work there, only 15 minutes from the house. Nice

Back