How'd it go today?

How'd I get stung? He was in the tree doing some climbing and they didn't bother him. I stopped to shoot the breeze, and as I walked away back to my truck they zapped me. Id been there 30 minutes too......

At least with bees, a sting is a one time deal. I hate the little bugger wasps that jab repeatedly. My elbow got like a balloon once from that.

I really believe the one bee had intercourse with my ear. It felt like he was thrusting his stinger in and out. The one that got my other ear was a one pump chump. The one that got my thumb was a hit and run too.

Last time I got whacked by a bee, I was at the top of a 24 foot ladder with a paint can in one hand and small roller in the other. This yellow jacket landed on my cheek and slowly and methodically stabbed my face with his stinger. My hands were full so I couldn't swat him. So I groaned quietly as not to excite the others nearby and I just sort of hoped he would hurry up and fly away. When I got down as quick as I could I started screaming and cursing.

Great description, terrible circumstance. That's awesome you guys are saving the bees.

Today at work we finished day two of a decent sized monterey pine over some wires.
Tomorrow is day one on a proposed nother two day dead pine wreck all over some apartments.

Gonna be dusty.

Finished the basic framing of the deck I promised my wife some time ago. Laid the decking out to dry/shrink/whatever, so it can be fastened down next week. Then on to the rails...

Good job saving the bees
My bee log is BOOMING!

Nice deck..... Can you build me one

That's nice! It will be a few weeks before I'm done with ours. I like the step-out in yours, but I plan to take ours in as a screened-in porch one day, so went with straight sides. Is that wet with rain, or polyurethane?

Thanks that's rain. Took about 3 weeks with all the rain, working a few hours here and there around the weather. There is an old screened porch we added onto but the "screened in" actually consisted of screen stapled and nailed to the outside of it and it was a horrible looking job by the previous owner. That'll be my next project but for now the wind ripped half the screen out so I ripped down the rest.

Freightliner Bud, it's a rough truck, hard to tell from that pic.

Agreed Squish. The 660 is something simple hopefully. The 441, idk. It started killing itself a few seconds into the cut every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My 562 is in the shop now cuz it started doing the same thing. As soon as it would touch wood the rpm would drop to a snail crawl and it would die. I'm interested in hearing what the shop finds cuz I haven't heard of anyone else having this issue.

I had a summer student work with me today...19 studying sports physiology or something like that. Really nice young man, ran it a bit like a teaching session, just so he can realize that tree work isn't just some nut with a saw. Pleasant and asked some very good questions about the work.

He had an easy first day, picking up large leaf ficus branch ends, I had to cut the tree back from over the gutters and A/C units..flat drag to the stash pile. Now tomorrow...he'll be dragging casuarina branches up a sand dune, told me he'll run up! Haha gotta love the enthusiasm of youth.

SRT on the HH made my morning so easy, went up one side of the ficus, cut tips and tops and just climbed across the face to the other side, last time I did this tree was DdRT, and I was not able to access so many points so easily, in fact I remember struggling to get to all the tips, found the ones I left...(The tree doesn't have a very good TIP, not very high and thin branches) I'm liking how much better my climbing is.

Only in the country.......

SO here I am home sick with a stomach bug and the propane company calls short notice to come get their tank we asked them to remove. We had asked for 24 hour notice due to the animals needing put in pastures elsewhere and the dog. Don't want any animals getting loose...
I say ok.... Kat had to run and pick up Lilly from dance camp, they show up. I am home alone with the boys. We guide him in.
Just a little boom truck, maybe 25 or so foot crane 3 ton. He gets it close. Boys ask if they can try it. The dude let the boys run the crane. Even let Seth lower the 500 gallon tank onto the truck and then Levi help cradle the boom. Great day for my kids :)

(A few teaser pics for my cali bud Stephen :) )

Removed a fruitless mulberry that HO said they planted 35yrs ago and never pruned it, lots of branches....fit that whole pig in box, minus trunk wood, chips overflowing a bit

My bandit model 90 packs em in tight :thumbup:

Beautiful truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I call them out on it if I think its intentional. I don't often think its on purpose, but when I know it is, I bring it to their attention.

Back