How'd it go today?

I am so looking forward to a Gehl I can taste it. My Boxer has made me 30% more this year than without it last year, and that was with only part time help. Just yesterday, I was forwarding brush over snow through the woods(really low underbrush) and was infuriated by how easily the low slung Boxer got stuck. Granted, this scenario will probably only play out three or four times a yr here, but working without aggravation is a dream.

You got spoiled my friend!

FOOT ASCENDER LINE WEIGHT:
Tried this today on an HFH job ... worked perfect!
Easy on - Easy adjust - Easy off! ... KNOTLESS ;)
Weight & snap were already in my kit. :)

8373619529_8dc64a85c5_c.jpg

Just back from an overnight to Portland.

Friend's baby's first birthday party, and seeing other friend from the area.

Good to be home.

Back to the ol' grindstone tomorrow. Should be an easy day, along with Tuesday. Wednesday and Thursday work will be work-y.

Got the State's bucket truck back, after $3200 estimate, only had a $1000 bill. Caliper on the F350 locked up on the way to pick up the bucket truck. $1000 for new front brakes. No aftermarket parts, I hear. $750 parts (calipers, rotors, pads), $250 labor. Still "ahead" on expected outlay, with more stuff fixed.

F350 has 33k. Had the rear brakes done previously for $1k., now the front. Spendy for 33k miles on an '08.

We aren't allowed to do brake work, due to safety concerns, or we could have, though i don't mind not.
Glad I don't pay those bills.

Today worked out sweet. Just had about 2 cord of wood to move off a job. Katy suggested I put an add up on our local Face book Swap pages. Had a taker lined up in one hour of posting. 2 hours, the wood was gone. Saved us a bunch of time and money. Job is billed out and I had plenty of time today to get some other things done prior to taking ther kids over to my mom's for dinner and to see their aunt. :)
Ski instructor hat goes on in the morning.

Awesome trick Jack, will have to remember that one.

We got a few inches of rain yesterday, so Dad and I spent today doing paper work, bids, etc. Went and worked out trade work to have shirts and hoodies made up with our company logo. Got a ton done today, so we feel pretty good. Going to fix a nice gravel parking area we put in and plant a nice fir tomorrow.

Normally this would all be snow right now, but these past 2 years we've had more rain than snow over winter. Really odd. Pretty mild winters the past two.

Today was good. Priced a job for 2 days at a cheaper winter rate. Six Norway spruces with good access. I priced it to get it. Wasn't set to become wealthy on this one. Surprised myself and nailed it in one day. My guys were rather motivated today and my saddle seemed to have wings. Turned out to be a profitable day. Still didn't manage to become wealthy though. Tomorrow.

Phone calls are rolling in. I don't get it. Im always stone cold dead this time of year with no exceptions. Im starting to get a schedule rolling again. I don't even know how to act. This is my first comfortable winter of 6 years in business for myself. By now Im usually ready to dig bamboo or shine shoes for money. I don't know what the deal is.

Man, I don't think it's ever gonna stop raining - this is the third week in a row. If we'd get some wind, trees will be toppling the ground's so saturated.

Back