How'd it go today?

I've been trying to sweat it out by sitting in the hottub, no luck so far.

I'm also of the camp of keep the fever working for you. The snoot will help you feel a bit better, but don't know if its the doctor's best advice. Lots of fluids for me. Burn that bug out. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Using today to get my head on tight and back to storm work tomorrow. Got my nose mashed good this week and a mild concussion to go with it. Limbing a spruce laying on a house. A long 5" diameter limb was loaded up against the ground. I cut it from the trunk carefully at face level. Groundman grabbed brush to drag and disturbed the culprit limb. Sprung butt first into my nose. Harder then most men punch. Left my face hurting all week and a swollen nose and sore front teeth. Oh well.

More storm work this week. Suits me just fine.

Stig,

It sounds like the same bug going around my neck of the woods. The way people travel today it could be. A couple people seemed sick enough they would have to rally to die. It sucks getting sick, hope you kick it soon.

Al, is this your normal wake-up time, or can't you sleep either?
I've got odd sleeping patterns .I usually get up at 4:30 AM EST which is 4 hours earlier than Pacific time .Yesterday I tuckered myself out and went to bed early so damned if I didn't wake up early and since the time went back to standard time it was real early .

Then too I might have to take a wizz in the night and get on the 'puter so I could be on anytime .

Now on that "sweating it out " you don't get snockered on a snoot ,maybe a shot or two .It works if you can stand it .

With luck I should finish the plating in the fire place today .Still don't have the stainless flue pipe though to finish the job which has been a monumental pain in the buttocks .

Using today to get my head on tight and back to storm work tomorrow. Got my nose mashed good this week and a mild concussion to go with it. Limbing a spruce laying on a house. A long 5" diameter limb was loaded up against the ground. I cut it from the trunk carefully at face level. Groundman grabbed brush to drag and disturbed the culprit limb. Sprung butt first into my nose. Harder then most men punch. Left my face hurting all week and a swollen nose and sore front teeth. Oh well.

More storm work this week. Suits me just fine.

Chris this has been researched. Hope ya feel better.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352038413.158602.jpg

The poor old "Bush Weasel " a feller from Utah that used to post on sites got smacked in the mug and it nearly caved his face in .

He passed through here a few years ago ,nice guy ,a tad ornery .

Sick people need to stay home and not spread their sickness.

Of course.
I should have just phoned in and told those 4 people who have been training like mad for the last year or so for their black belt test and travelled from all over the country to Copenhagen to do it, " Sorry guys, I'm feeling sick so we'll have to call it off."
Bet they would have loved that.

In that case...

China_3m_9001_medical_face_mask_face_mask20096151301421.jpg

I did the next best.
Walked around clacking two pieces of wood together and yelling " leper"!:lol:

I told people that I was getting sick, so no handshaking and keep your distance.
Normally I would have stayed home, but it just wasn't possible.

I have 4 puking kids all with fevers over 101. My wife was puked all over several times.... All while I was sitting in the easy chair. I was always holding a different sick kid so I wasn't avoiding it, she just has really bad luck. It will be a fun week in our house.

Hope you all get to feeling better soon. We have had a little bout of something here as well. The weird weather we have been having is probably partly to blame. 80 degrees in November... WTF?:what:

There's always some "bug "running around .You either catch it or you don't is the way I look at it .If you catch it and it doesn't kill you you build up the antibody against it .

I dragged myself off to the woods today, planted 400 beech trees and dragged myself home again.
Only makes about ½ a day's wages, but still about the same, we'd get from insurance, if I had stayed in bed.
Might have been smarter, though, but if I was smart, would I be a logger?

Work Truck is still down (3 weeks now). Garage called today, they are going to test for a bad cylinder. Guess I'll know in a couple days.

Pretty much broke from the repairs so far, so I may be looking shutting down the business for a while if engine needs replaced. Utilities & such are all paid ahead through Winter at least, and the couple small jobs I've got on the books I can do from my car I suppose.:roll:

We have a big job today, removing a large Spanish Lime in Key West. While the date of removal has been kept under raps, possible protesters will be on site. Once the word gets around the island, they may show up. The tree is starting to tear up the mans foundation and he has the permit to remove, but there are some real tree huggers down there. We are all for saving trees, but not at the cost of the foundation of a house.
I can't decide if I want to go watch but either way I am sending a camera.

I have a monster oak to dead wood and remove two long laterals(45-55') and about two hours to do it before it rains. Nothing like a little pressure in the AM. TTFN

Back