How'd it go today?

What a bummer, Stephen.
And since you did it yourself, you can't even sue anybody.

Went to the local garden club meeting and learned that 80% of coddling moth larvae can be prevented from making it to your apples by wrapping cellophane sticky tape around the trunk and branches...

Oh I relate to burns. That sucks! Spent my am doing Deere surgery.
7apyzyqu.jpg

Just have to fit it all back together after some lunch.

I enjoy your posts as well Andrew, can't wait for the winter pictures. Do you get to do much work then?

I've seen a lot of old film of your city, don't think I could handle your winter.:coldcold:
Yes, winter in Russia comes suddenly. I've already checked my studded snow tires and oil change in its Maxmobile...)) (synthetics - instead of semi-synthetics) Winter - this is a difficult time for me and my chainsaws. In winter, we have a very short daylight hours. Already dawn only at 8:30 am and dark by 7.00 pm. In winter, it is still greatly shorter ...I do not like winter (probably because I on a sign horoscope - Aquarius)

I just had to share this.. My parents are getting up there...
I get this e mail...
Hi everyone. Someone stole Sherm's pickup today out of our driveway. We have no idea when... Sherm was home all day, and I was only gone for about two hours. Please keep your eyes peeled for our 96 Chev pickup... white, extended cab. License # *******. If you see it please call the "CHP.
Thank you.
Carole & Sherm

Then another.....
Hi everyone.
Our Truck has been found.
Love, Carole & Sherm

Come to find out over the phone while making plans for the kids.....
Mom and dad took two vehicles into town for errands and what not... They meet up, have to go to the Elks or something...
They decide to take just one vehicle there and go home after their thing...
Wake up next morening and the truck is missing..... Panick ensues....
Report it stolen etc...
Truck is found.... Yes folks.. right where they left it... :lol:

So I get an email now knowing the out come.. I guess their friends got busy looking and notifying about the missing truck as well.....

Before I could get back to Charlene at the Elk's lodge she sent out this notice to everyone that belongs to the Lodge!! And... they made bulletins and stuck them up in the bar and on the outside doors too. We will definitely NEVER live this one down!!

We received an urgent email from Carole and Sherman Nelson that Sherm's pickup was stolen yesterday. Please keep your eyes peeled and contact the Highway Patrol immediately if you spot his pickup? Then call the Nelsons at 559-*******.

1996 White Chevrolet, Extended Cab
License Plate *******

I love my mom and dad :lol:

Well Aquarious is not all that bad if you get into the signs of the zodiac .It also happens to be the sign I was born under as if that means anything .On that though I'm not practiculary fond of cold weather either .Ohio can be bad enough I can't imagine what Russia must be ,or Norway or Sweden or Denmark or Alberta Canada for that matter .

Busy day of residential treework.

A good day of minimal disposal. Climbed a small double trunk cedar removal, two small fir removals, and up a Cedar to cut down an adjacent snag. Put On Ground.

Went to another job, and did a good sized alder removal over a kids playground structure, and a good sized DF removal over same structure, but it had been storm-beaten so not a lot of brush, just a few broken hangers, which could be drug into the woods right nearby. Used Gord's Magic cut (sniped snap cut) to take the trunk down. It is the fastest way IME, no pull ropes or fighting against the hingewood, or wrestling traditionally snap-cut rounds off a near vertical trunk.

New guy is doing okay. Gets me frustrated a bit when he wants to cut right above my climb line, beneath the wood to be cut.

The Belay Spool is a nice tool. I could rig bigger pieces than I'd natural crotch and catch myself. I think that there could be a motto, "The Belay Spool, for when you got a new groundie".

Done wrecks sometimes without.. But it would be more taking it down to the stem and then spurs on the stem. More if I am really having to walk way out on limbs to rig in a raising type situation, spider rig, etc. Then it is easier for me to just walk out with out the spurs. Good scaffold structure lends to that.

Back