How'd it go today?

Max, I'm not sure I could lift a 660 for any length of time! I need a saw to deal with the bigger trees, and one that I could control if I needed to take it aloft.
A 25-28" bar, double that or slightly more with bore cutting on the ground, is probably all I'll ever need, anything bigger and I'll be calling someone else to do that bit for me.
The others all know, I'm small, blow hard and I fall over, not to mention being female...;)

Willard, I'll check in at the Husky dealer in town next time we are up there, just for a look see, I would imagine prices will be high...

Andrew,

I was pointing out how you seem to only do big jobs, and from what your pictures show you do it with expertise and ease. A lot of guys showcase the big jobs we do, yet spend a lot of time doing mundane trimming and such (I know I do!).

At first I was joking that you dont seem to bother with trimming bushes and small ornamental tree, as so many find themselves doing to keep the work going. Lastly I referenced how you do the big jobs, that some us only get to do so rarely, almost every day it seems.

Like Sean said, you are a tough treeman, a Euc-Man as they say on the west coast.

:)

Andrew,

I was pointing out how you seem to only do big jobs, and from what your pictures show you do it with expertise and ease. A lot of guys showcase the big jobs we do, yet spend a lot of time doing mundane trimming and such (I know I do!).

At first I was joking that you dont seem to bother with trimming bushes and small ornamental tree, as so many find themselves doing to keep the work going. Lastly I referenced how you do the big jobs, that some us only get to do so rarely, almost every day it seems.

Like Sean said, you are a tough treeman, a Euc-Man as they say on the west coast.

:)

A Euc-man, eucalyptus-man. Wrecking big trees day to day.

I'm really enjoying the photos of the kids that Max posted. They look cute and curious just like kids everywhere else. How come we were taught that Russians were evil? Their trees look more evil.

I don't know about evil but those poplars were some biguns .They're about the size of our cottonwoods which of course are a poplar .

Off to the coast, just in case working in the rain near Olympia isn't wet enough. Its been a wet streak for about a week. Supposed to dry out on Thursday. If its dry this weekend, a replacement skylight will be in my future for our kitchen. Didn't get to it this summer with the baby, etc.

Just a couple of small pines today and finish off grinding a stump the previous guy left just under ground level.

Nice day, even got a $10 tip. Things were going good until I got the mail, a month sure goes fast it's bill time again.:(

They all laugh at that.

Tipping isn't done much here, I get a few $10 or $20 ones but it's not expected. Usually it's because I'm the only one that turned up that speaks english.:laughing6:

Tipping isn't done here at all. I somehow managed to overcome strong objections and could buy a girl an ice cream cone once. I later learned it was akin to a marriage proposal. :\:

Back